“My new very favorite place to stay to slow down, heal and back to the world!”
Review of Niwot Inn & Spa

Niwot Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Niwot
Loveland, Colorado
“My new very favorite place to stay to slow down, heal and back to the world!”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

My wife stayed last weekend at the Niwot Inn, expecting nice, relaxed but what we discovered was extraordinary! We had the room with the enclosed steam sauna. The snow fell all weekend so we just read, had some delicious, healthy food, listened to extraordinary music on extraordinary surround sound also in the room. I can't say enough about the staff, their kindness and very natural way of relating. I had the massage for my sore back. Slept like a log that night. I can go on and on. I cannot say enough about the experience. I was a little nervous about leaving, going out into the world after a weekend of tranquility. The Niwot Inn has always been nice but the new owner has upgraded to a level I personally have never experienced, even in Santa Fe, our other favorite place. Go, treat yourself, and experience a new reality. I wish life could be this wonderfully gentle all the time!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2015
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in offering our guests a little "slice of heaven." Please come again!
Cheryl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 2 March 2009

My husband and I have a small business a couple of miles from the Niwot Inn and we spent a night there just to check it out and see if we could recommend it to our out of town business clients.

The Inn is on the Main Street, but this doesn't mean there is a lot of traffic or other activity to disturb one. It is in a lovely Victorian type building that has been tastefully renovated inside and out. There is a parking area behind the Inn and also parking on the street in front. The decor is elegant, modern Victorian - nothing fussy, but some of the old features kept. Some renovation work was being done on the ground floor, but this did not disturb us. As far as I could see the only change was that breakfast was served in the "Great Room" rather than in the separate Dining Room.

I called the Inn directly and got an AAA (or AARP) discount of 10%, so the the room was $134 before tax, instead of $149. Check-in was easy and friendly, and we were shown to our corner room upstairs that overlooked the street in front. It was a spacious room with queen bed, overstuffed armchair and ottoman, gas fireplace, desk and armoire containing the TV. Decent lighting beside the bed and behind the armchair. Large closet with iron and ironing board and removable wooden hangers. Vanity was outside the bathroom, which was fairly small, with shower over the bath and glass sliding shower doors. Soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Towels looked good, but were a little too soft. Hairdryer attached to the wall (ugh). Overall decor was very soothing and elgant, almost minimalist.

We joined the innkeeper of the day and a couple of other guests in the Great Room before going out to dinner. A glass of wine and cheese and crackers were offered, and we probably could have had a second glass if we wished. Information about the area was in the hall, rather than in the room, which I would have preferred. The basement area contains an apartment available for rent, a conference room and a small exercise room with elliptical, bike and another price of equipment I don't remember. There was a TV, towels and water in the room.

We were given a key to let ourselves in that night as the Inn is closed around 10:00. Water and cookies were available if we wished them. The bed was very comfortable, although I could have used a second regular pillow. There were only two on the bed, plus two ornamental pillows. I looked but did not find any extra bedding in the room. Blinds kept out the streetlight very nicely.

Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. and we decided not to stay for it, but I checked out what was available. There was a selection of teas, coffee and juice, a couple of cereals with milk, or choice of individual yoghurt flavours. Several nice pastries etc. were on offer, as well as hard-boiled eggs. All very pleasant, but I think that a place like this should offer at least one cooked choice at breakfast - we can always dig out a cold breakfast from the fridge at home. Staying away should be more of a treat.

Wi-fi was available in the public areas, but I didn't check to see if it was in the room. The staff that we met were very efficient and friendly, and overall I would stay there again and certainly recommend The Niwot Inn to friends and business associates - as long as they didn't require a cooked breakfast!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank marleydog
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2015
Thank you so much for your review. Since your visit, we have expanded our breakfast menu to include hot items like homemade waffles, fresh fruit, and other local items. We hope you'll come again to visit.

Kuwait
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We recently stayed at the Niwot Inn to be close to family during a difficult time. Laurie and the staff were so wonderful, welcoming and helpful to us all. I can't say enough about how beautiful the inn is and how much they went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank LombokLady
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 28 September 2015
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay back in 2009. Since then, the Inn has gone under some major renovations and we'd love for you to come visit again. Best, Cheryl
austin, texas
Reviewed 26 June 2008

Kind of a mix b/w a hotel and a b&b. A good alternative to to a sterile hotel, but not really a romantic place with character as the website would suggest. Very clean. Short drive from Boulder, where we couldn't find something not a chain. Decent breakfast for a continental breakfast, sweet dining room and very homey. Good bath products, great tub in one of the rooms. Cute little town. Friendly staff. I think the girl was in training who checked us in, so I will forgive her brevity!

• Liked — clean, friendly, spacious, good internet access, great tub
  • Disliked — a little far from Boulder, a little sterile
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sara B
Thank you for your kind review. Since your last visit, the Inn went under some major renovations, which I believe has enhanced the aesthetics and made it much more romantic! Many of our guests see the Niwot Inn as romantic getaway or retreat. All rooms have a fireplace, upgraded linens, new decor, and steam showers. You can check out the upgrades on our website at www.niwotinn.com. We hope you'll try us again!
Michigan
Reviewed 29 December 2007

I stayed at the Niwot Inn twice.
Once for businees. It was recommended by the folks I was visiting.
The other time, I took my wife there for a getaway.

The Inn has a dozen or so rooms. The rooms are excellent, some with fireplaces, some without. My wife was unsure when we left, but fell in love with the place when we arrived.

The Inn is in a good location for visiting the Estes Park area. It is about a 40 minute drive to Estes Park. Boulder is about 15 minutes away.

Take a drive up the mountain from Estes Park, it is unbelievable.

Take a drive to Boulder and head towards Nederland after you trounce around Boulder a while.

• Liked — Teh quaint, how feel of the inn.
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind review. As a local, I personally enjoy the quietness that Niwot has to offer coupled with the easy access to Boulder and Estes Park. You are correct - the drive to Estes Park is breathtaking! We hope you come again to visit us soon.

Cheryl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niwot
4.5 km away
5.7 km away
Boulder Twin Lakes Inn
Boulder Twin Lakes Inn
#15 of 20 in Boulder

Been to Niwot Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK