“Breakfast disaster”

TNT Country Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 23 Restaurants in Morrison
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived and were seated right away and a very friendly waitress took our order timely. That's when the trouble began. We waited nearly 45 minutes for our food and while waiting there was a very loud and obnoxious lady talking to customers. We soon discovered the woman was the restaurant owner. Instead of managing the restaurant and possibly our order and anyone else's order she chose to make herself and family issues by literally yelling, not talking.

Our first and last visit. Too bad the food was excellent

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Lunch was not good. House salad was a mashup of diced veggies and mixed greens. Chicken breast was dry and flavorless. Chicken sandwich breast was the same overcooked unseasoned. Fries and eggs were good.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went hiking in golden and decided to grab lunch after in Morrison. Morrison is an adorable small town very close to red rocks, so it gets a lot of attention.

We walk in and are greeted by a very nice hostess. It was a beautiful Saturday so we wanted to sit outside. It wasn't busy in the restaurant and the hostess was able to seat us immediately.

I had never been here before and had just finished hiking 5 miles so I was excited to enjoy the weather, take my time figuring out what I would like to eat and just enjoy the Saturday.

The waitress, Dora, on the other hand had other plans for us. She asks if we want water or any other beverages; my friend orders a soda and Dora neglects to even ask if I wanted something else besides water before she walks away. I was a little annoyed, but I didn't speak up either so not really a big deal. (Strike one)

Dora gave us about 2 minutes before she comes back with our drinks, we're still looking at the menu, and proceeds to rush us to order our food. (Strike two) She was rude. Never smiled. Then kept pushing us to pay our bill WHILE WE WERE STILL EATING. (And she's out!)

Dora continued to whine to other customers about it being busy. And during all of this I never once saw her smile. I looked around and there are open tables all around. Not sure what the fuss about it being busy was. We were only there for about 45 minutes yet felt like we were intruding in her leisure time.

I ordered a croissant sandwich, which wasn't bad, but wish I had remembered to ask for it without mayo. The fries were delicious though!

Overall, I may give this place another try, but I will specifically ask to not be sat with Dora. I have a rather bubbly personality. Im always smiling and I pride myself on treating every person how I would want to be treated, so I have a very hard time understanding what Dora's problem was. Her poor service really was a downer on our lunch here.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I've been here more times than I can count. If you love breakfast, this is the place to go. Their breakfast burrito is incredible as is everything else in the menu. I've never had a bad meal here!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Even though we got there 20 minutes before they closed, the service was great, we had breakfast early afternoon, and the food was outstanding. The atmosphere at the restaurant was quite friendly. The scenery from sitting on the deck is what you would expect, out of this world. A nice creek running alongside the restaurant, with a great view of red rocks in the mountains... I would recommend this stop to every traveler