“Terrible waitress, average food”

TNT Country Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 23 Restaurants in Morrison
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went hiking in golden and decided to grab lunch after in Morrison. Morrison is an adorable small town very close to red rocks, so it gets a lot of attention.

We walk in and are greeted by a very nice hostess. It was a beautiful Saturday so we wanted to sit outside. It wasn't busy in the restaurant and the hostess was able to seat us immediately.

I had never been here before and had just finished hiking 5 miles so I was excited to enjoy the weather, take my time figuring out what I would like to eat and just enjoy the Saturday.

The waitress, Dora, on the other hand had other plans for us. She asks if we want water or any other beverages; my friend orders a soda and Dora neglects to even ask if I wanted something else besides water before she walks away. I was a little annoyed, but I didn't speak up either so not really a big deal. (Strike one)

Dora gave us about 2 minutes before she comes back with our drinks, we're still looking at the menu, and proceeds to rush us to order our food. (Strike two) She was rude. Never smiled. Then kept pushing us to pay our bill WHILE WE WERE STILL EATING. (And she's out!)

Dora continued to whine to other customers about it being busy. And during all of this I never once saw her smile. I looked around and there are open tables all around. Not sure what the fuss about it being busy was. We were only there for about 45 minutes yet felt like we were intruding in her leisure time.

I ordered a croissant sandwich, which wasn't bad, but wish I had remembered to ask for it without mayo. The fries were delicious though!

Overall, I may give this place another try, but I will specifically ask to not be sat with Dora. I have a rather bubbly personality. Im always smiling and I pride myself on treating every person how I would want to be treated, so I have a very hard time understanding what Dora's problem was. Her poor service really was a downer on our lunch here.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I've been here more times than I can count. If you love breakfast, this is the place to go. Their breakfast burrito is incredible as is everything else in the menu. I've never had a bad meal here!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Even though we got there 20 minutes before they closed, the service was great, we had breakfast early afternoon, and the food was outstanding. The atmosphere at the restaurant was quite friendly. The scenery from sitting on the deck is what you would expect, out of this world. A nice creek running alongside the restaurant, with a great view of red rocks in the mountains... I would recommend this stop to every traveler

Reviewed 16 September 2016

The staff was very nice here, the food was average with very large portions at good prices. Tables were sticky and there was a serious problem with flies in the restaurant the day we were there.
I can eat there no problem but I probably wouldn't recommend friends and family to eat there or go there on a date.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I always enjoy going to TNT for good and reasonable food, large portions, and exceptional service. This morning was the best ever. Our wait person was very friendly and accommodating the two old guys with separate checks. If I could give her 11 on a scale of 10 I would! Our breakfasts arrived quickly and were very good. Their pancakes are among the best ever, the eggs were cooked just right, and their bacon was wonderful. I usually eat at TNT about once a month (live a few miles up the road) but it won't be that long before I'm back this time. Try it - you'll like it.