All reviews great value black canyon deluxe breakfast waffles would stay here again national park waffle maker room was clean hot tub non smoking fresh fruit road trip refrigerator and microwave enjoyed our stay easy access king bed great place to stay
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

After a lengthy drive through the mountains from Antonito, CO my wife and I needed a layover for a night prior to continuing our journey. Read some reviews and decided this was priced right and worth a stop for the night. I had concerns whether we would have a hot shower after the sink faucet would only produce lukewarm water. But the shower water was not a problem. Don’t know why the difference in water temperature at the sink and shower head, but suffice to say we were happy with the shower. The breakfast offered a waffle maker. As I recall, that was the only “hot” option other than oatmeal packets. There were some donuts, bagels, English muffins. It was okay to get you going. Obviously not the best continental breakfast we’ve experienced, but at least it was something. Our room was clean and the king bed was comfortable. We would stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This place is a clean motel with a friendly staff. It isn't new or overly updated but the beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. Breakfast is not gourmet, it is a just an average basic continental breakfast. If you want a clean place to rest your head for a night this is the place!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank aztrose
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

It’s a cheap and cheerful motel. The staff running it are great and do a good job. Their advertising says the place has been recently refurbished, but I saw no evidence of that in our room. It was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was basic American style. OK for the night.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We stayed here 3 nights so we got to know the place. The score of 2 is because there was more bad than good and I probably would not stay here again. The good was the extremely hardworking and friendly staff that was running the motel. I do not think they were the owners but they worked like they cared. They were friendly and helpful. Every morning and evening we saw them hard at work, especially keeping the immediate grounds clean. The location of the motel was also convenient to downtown. However, the motel is in need of some major work. I never had a hot shower during my stay and our room was extremely musty. I think the carpet should have been replaced as there was a major stain on the floor ( 2x5 ft) that we avoided whenever possible. Also the landscaping around the pool was overgrown and the play set looked dangerous. The morning breakfast was minimal, not deluxe as claimed.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This a good motel to stay at!! Had problems with WiFi, found out you have to something strange to hook up with Apple produces!! Stayed in suite and was told had a jacuzzi, but was a tub with jets!! Breakfast was good , was a continental bar!! Room was clean and staff all nice!!

Date of stay: August 2018