All reviews b and b brew pub great breakfast in the morning omelet two couples one night every morning national park two nights in town kendra bo cottage colorado backyard bath
Reviewed 19 May 2015

We had a great stay at Canyon Creek. Comfortable rooms ( although we had to keep the air running all night in May, as the windows didn't open), great breakfasts prepared by Kendra, a spacious outdoor hot tub, and very welcoming shared areas for relaxing. Very convenient for our exploration of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Loved the casual "Horsefly Brewing Company" next store so much that we had dinner theree 2 nights in a row.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2015

My husband and I have stayed at Canyon Creek B&B on several occasions. The rooms are beautiful, the beds comfortable, and the location perfect to stroll downtown for dinner or lunch. Kendra is a lovely hostess. I would highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Exlisstar
Reviewed 29 September 2014

since the cottage we had booked was in need of some repair, Kendra offered us the main house all to ourselves. We had a wonderful accommodation and Kendra treated us royally at breakfast and with both white and red wine after we came home from hiking the Black Canyon.
Hospitality at its best!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frans J
Reviewed 10 September 2014

This place has a rigid 2 week cancelation policy, which I missed by 2 days. Because I had to cancel, due to extenuating circumstances, I was forced to pay $146 for NOTHING. My advice - Do not give your credit card number unless you are prepared to potentially forfeit the money. The owner told me they have had this policy for 15 years and lots of other B&B's have this policy. In this day and age of stiff competition and expensive advertising, all consumer leads are precious, and should never be treating lightly. They may have created this policy due to customer abuse, but some loss is less expensive than future business and good referrals. There are plenty of other hotels for my next visit to Montrose.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CynFine
streetwalker911, Owner at Canyon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Unfortunately, this review contains many inaccuracies: we've been in business 9 years, not 15, and many others. When you make reservations at a bed and breakfast, you are choosing lodging quite different than a typical big box hotel. Patrons expect something unique, and most understand the reasoning behind the policies. Our cancellation policy is never a surprise, it is verbally told to the customer when they make a reservation and then it is also written in the confirmation e-mail.
We have only three bedrooms at our bed-and-breakfast. If you look at bed-and-breakfast policies across the nation, they are all very similar. Since we are a “mom-and-pop” business, we unfortunately don't have the backing of a big hotel to compensate for “no-shows”.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Cute little B&B located in the heart of Montrose. The owners are very friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and I loved the old unique features of the space that you wouldn't get if you were at a traditional hotel. The two other people staying in town were there for business and the owner even got up early to cook breakfast in time for a early departure for one of the people staying there. It's also by some great resturants, shops, and coffee houses. You feel like a part of the community when you stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014