“Anniversary dinner”

Briarhurst Manor Estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Reviewed 2 September 2018

As retirees, we rarely dine out. But we decided to go for our anniversary dinner, because we knew it would be exceptional service and food! We opted for the 5 course meal option; it was all excellent! The highlight was the entree...we each ordered their Angus Beef and Mushroom Brochette; the beef was very tender, and there were delicious vegetables included with a brandy peppercorn cream sauce. They served our entrees and desserts on antique roof tiles. My husband had their Classic Creme Brulee served with a ladyfinger cookie; I had their Chocolate Feuilletine Torte with Vanilla Bean Marshmallow Mousse, Coffee Ice Cream and Belgian Chocolate Ganache. The food and the service were exceptional, as always!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Horrible food served in a dark, ugly, ancient house. The food was pretentious and had all kinds of weird flavors that don’t usually mesh well together. For example, my husband had the foie gras which was served as a parfait with angel food cake on the bottom. I had the Colorado lamb which was served on a historic shingle from the roof of the house(that was cool), but there were clumps of coriander and cumin powder mixed together and left around and rubbed on some of the lamb. I don’t know why they were trying to serve Indian food (there was also a blob of so called naan) and hummus, but I would’ve gone to an Indian restaurant if I wanted to eat naan and spices like coriander and cumin. The strong spices were overpowering the taste of the lamb, which was disappointing because it did look delicious. I have eaten lamb in Paris, which was simply grilled without all this stuff on it, and it was heavenly; fine dining at its finest.

I was not interested in eating here at all and it took several days of coaxing by my husband to get me there. He has eaten in fine NYC restaurants, so he very excited to eat there, but in his words “it was a disappointment as big as Pikes Peak”!

I gave 2 stars instead of 1 because the dessert was the best part of the meal. I had the chocolate dessert which had a vanilla marshmallow center and a small scoop of coffee ice cream on the side and it was fantastic! Also the service was excellent

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This marvelous restaurant was once the home of Dr. Bell and his rambunctious family. Bell was General Palmer's partner in developing the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad in Colorado. He also had a vision of developing Manitou Springs into a fine resort catering to the wealthy. He built this home and brought his family here from England. Now to he food= The menu is varied with something to please most palates and this is the perfect spot for a special celebration.. I had the Angus beef which was done just the way I like it and very tnder, M daughter enjoyed the duck which was not dry and she also liked the roast fennel puree. The restaurant is done beautifully in the original English Tudor style. Although we peeked in the various rooms, we didn't catch a glimpse of the ghosts that still call Briarhurst home. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Fabulous, historic atmosphere, great food. Spoiled with 5 courses, ambiance was priceless. Awesome!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Amazing food and great atmosphere in small parlor rooms set up for dining. The history pf the Briarhurst is fun, and we spent time trying to see if any ghosts were in around while we were eating.

Date of visit: May 2017