“Fantastic Corporate Retreat”

Majestic Dude Ranch
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Mancos
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-owned and oriented guest ranch nestled high in the pristine wilderness of the San Juan Mountains and just 35 minutes from Durango, CO. Since 1956, Lake Mancos Ranch (now re-named the Majestic Dude Ranch) has been offering our guests a home away from home in the Colorado mountains 35 miles west of Durango. A week-long, all-inclusive dude ranch vacation provides families with a lifetime of memories, whether that means long rides on a mountain trail, guided mountain bike tours, hikes in the neighboring national forest, catching a rainbow trout along the banks of a cool stream, lake or river, or just relaxing by the fire with friends.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Recently returned from a corporate retreat and I honestly can't say enough about the superb experience. We had 15 people - male and female, ranging in age from 20s to 60s. The setting of the ranch is gorgeous, accommodations were spotless and comfortable, food was generous and very well-prepared and presented. All of the staff were extraordinarily attentive, friendly and helpful. They truly go out of their way to make the entire experience the very best for their guests. There are so many varied activities that we wondered if we would have any down time, but we had so much fun riding, biking, ATV-ing, shooting, penning and everything else. And yes, Robert, human foosball is my new favorite game! A great big thank you to Robert, Jamie and all the terrific staff at Majestic for making our retreat the best ever!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Gave dude ranching a try. Fantastic! Really surprised at how personable the experience was and how welcoming everyone was. The real gem here are the people. Staff joined our group for activities which were not run of the mill ho hum but great fun and out of the ordinary, such as Human Foosball! Not a platitude that everyone truly felt like family. I was sad to leave fellow "dudes" as well as staff that felt like family. Beauty of the area was breathtaking; food was incredible. New meaning to hospitality. Gift yourself!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My kids and I had the best time at Majestic. My horse loving daughter was in a dream and the ranch hands let her help out jingling the horse as well as providing opportunities to increase her riding abilities. My son was kept busy cooking, crafting and panning for gold when he didn't want to join us girls on the trail. The staff made it clear that if I wanted "me time" that they would be happy to supervise the kids in whatever activity they want to do. In truth, I was having so much fun playing human Foosball, riding, shooting and ATV-ing, I only took them up on this offer once, to go into the cute town of Mancos for a massage. The ranch offers so many different activities that there is something for everyone. In addition to activities on the ranch, we also visited Mesa Verde and went rafting. The food was ample and high quality. I got to try some of the chef's famous Avocado pie; it was outstanding! The other thing that made this trip so wonderful was the staff. The owners are genuine, engaged and hands on and their staff reflect all of these qualities as well. We really connected in an authentic way with all the staff we interacted with. I can't say enough about this place!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at a number of 5* hotels and resorts all over the world. And, I can say, without reservation, that the attentive staff at the Majestic Dude Ranch is in a class if its own. As I remarked to another guest (who eagerly agreed) that, at most high-end resorts, you will receive good service when you ask for it. But, at the Majestic, they anticipate your every need WITHOUT your having to ask. Unlike any other, they are proactive, they truly 'get' customer service; and they are exceptional. They take their philosophy of "you arrive as strangers, you become friends and you leave as family" very seriously. Hats off to Rob and the incredible staff at the Majestic Dude Ranch. Much thanks for all the big and little things you did to make our vacation so very special and memorable. You're one of a kind.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The Majestic Dude Ranch in Mancos, Colorado is an all inclusive dude ranch with something for everyone! We traveled with our two 12 year old kids and they were busy with wonderful activities all day and all night and have begged us to go back every day since we left. Activities for adults were countless as well and every activity we did was incredibly well organized and planned. The activities included horseback riding on trails, an on site rodeo, archery, clay pigeon shooting, fly fishing, family obstacle course (so clever!), baseball and all sorts of kids games (capture the flag, arts and crafts, paint ball and more).

When we booked our trip we were told that there were kids counselors who would take care of our kids and keep them busy and active. I didn't think we'd utilize this, but the moment we arrived, a counselor greeted our kids and off they went! She was so welcoming and made the kids comfortable immediately; they were so happy every day with the other kids on the ranch. The kids program was also super flexible, so families could do activities together or apart, any day, any time. The program was also amazing in that the activities were appropriate and fun for kids of all ages - the group ranged in age from about 6-15 and all of the kids were happy!

One of the most amazing things about the ranch was the incredible staff and 100% focus on making sure our stay was wonderful. Everyone from the owner to the housekeeping staff did everything possible to make us feel welcome and they all made us feel like family.

I can't say enough great things about this ranch; it's a great place for families, couples and visitors of all ages. The activities are endless; never a dull moment (you almost need to carve out time to rest or nap!)