Review Highlights
Amazing time with my girlfriend

Reviewed 1 week ago
Simon B
Best family vacation ever

Reviewed 2 October 2018
burrowsa
burrowsa

All reviews mountain biking petting zoo fly fishing clay pigeon shooting white water rafting line dancing kids program paint ball batting cages family vacation ranged in age incredible staff played baseball homemade cookies hot tub amazing things riding abilities
Reviewed 1 week ago

It's funny, we went a while back and I've had it on my list of things to do since to write a review. I don't normally, but promised myself I would get around to it. We went in the off season and we were some of the only people there. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Unfortunately I can no longer remember specific people's names but the food and the chef was really good and couldn't do enough for us. The family who looked after us were so attentive and were always so happy to set up activities just for us. I still look back and smile at all the horse riding.

So much to do, a great environment to do it in. Could not recommend enough and hope to go back one day..

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Robert & the crew. My 3 and 6 year old girls were in heaven the entire trip with great counselors and fun activities galore!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We went as a couple for 4 days/3 nights the last week of their 2018 season, during one of their adults only weeks. We had a wonderful time! Nearly all the activities are done in groups, and you sit at large tables for meals, so you quickly get to know the other guests. During our week, the guests included several couples, a father-daughter duo, a pair of girlfriends, a group of sisters + their friend, and two intrepid solo female travelers in their 70s.

A few tips/comments:
- Robert and his staff are phenomenal! I can't say enough about how caring they are, and how hard they work to ensure all guests are having a great time!
- There are a wide range of activities, for individuals who are very active, those who are not very active, and everything in between.
- The food is GREAT! Not fancy, just delicious. I cleaned my plate every meal and had to refrain from stuffing myself, as the food was so good! Breakfast has a wide selection (eggs, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, fruit) and includes Robert making something different each day. Lunch is buffet style, always includes a salad. Dinner is plated and served to you at the table. Still hungry? They happily offer second helpings. They accommodated guests' dietary preferences/restrictions - gluten free, vegetarian, pork or other meat-avoidant, other random food allergies, etc. Just mention it and they will make it happen with a smile.
- Coffee, tea, water are available at the lodge 24/7.
- Bottomless cookie jar is always available, but these will compete for your affections with the pastries baked for breakfast, and desserts with lunch/dinner. I lost count of how many brownies I ate.
- They provide a souvenir refillable aluminum water bottle for each guest, so no need to bring your own.
- Arrive on Sunday if you can, and stay the whole week if you can. The horseback riding gets more comfortable as the week goes on, and builds up from the shorter intro rides at the beginning of the week to the longer rides later in the week. If you arrive mid-week, you may not be as comfortable in the saddle. (We stayed for only 3 nights (Sun-Wed) and were sad to miss out on Thursday-Saturday's events. A few folks arrived for a Wed-Saturday stay.)
- I did not get a cell phone or LTE signal (Sprint) at the ranch. We knew in advance that they intentionally do not have wifi or TVs in the cabins, as they don't want kids (or adults, for that matter) holed up in their cabins on the internet. That being said, we did get a weak wifi signal in our cabin intermittently, and could usually get within range of their router if we sat on our cabin's porch or other strategic spots around the property. Wifi is available in the lodge/dining room.

Overall, a great stay! I would not hesitate to recommend this to family or friends, and hope to be back in the future!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We had six guys at Majestic Dude Ranch in September 2018. We had a great time. The activities were our favorite part of this dude ranch vacation. For two of us, this was our 5th annual dude ranch trip. For one of our guys, it was his third year in a row. For two of our guys, this was two years in a row, and it was the first dude ranch for one of the guys in our group. So, collectively, we have a good bit of experience with dude ranch trips. Favorite parts were: Hike up past Sharkstooth to Centennial Peak (Elev. 13,300+/-); Mountain Biking at Phil's World; ATV excursion on the RZRs; and hiking through Mesa Verde National Park. The ranch owner, Robert, is a very hard worker and was very agreeable to giving us the opportunity to take unscheduled outings. Tayler hosted/guided us on a few of those extra outings, including Mesa Verde, and she was fun and knowledgeable and a great sport in accommodating our group. Robert was our guide up Centennial Peak, and it was just the seven of us for that hike.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Majestic Dude Ranch is MUCH MORE than the name elicits. The cabins were well appointed, clean, well stocked, and the Beds were comfortable. The Mess Hall was nicely decorated and welcoming with views to enjoy, as well as providing a place to get to know my fellow DUDES.
I choose one of the Adult Weeks since all of my children are grown. My expectations were met, exceeded and then some.

The Ranch is set near the beautiful San Juan Mountains with easy access to Mesa Verde.

Robert and his staff have thought of just about everything imaginable to entertain a variety of people and interests.

I appreciated the time I had to enjoy the scenery, relax in the hammock, sit in the hot tub, as well as Ride, Bike, Hike, ATV, fly fish, enjoy an evening movie under the stars in Tepee Village, sing karaoke, ride the mechanical bull, eat S'mores made over an open fire. . . and much more.
Nancy, the Ranch Manager, made sure everyone was taken care of and their needs met. Bruno in the Kitchen was amazing. . . that man can cook! Robert does breakfast each day and it is delicious. Scott, the Head Wrangler, gave great instructions for the inexperienced rider so they felt safe. All the Wranglers were wonderful to work with. Many trail rides and experiences were offered so guests could experience what it was like back in the day herding cattle etc.
Robert, Nancy, and Taylor guided our hikes in Mesa Verde as well as in the Aspens . . . Beautiful.

Your vacation at MDR can be as active or relaxing as you choose.

You must come to MDR if you have ever wanted to experience the ranch life or just chill in the most MAJESTIC place ever.

Thank you Robert and Jamie for providing this wonderful place.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The family and I were looking for a last minute vacation before the kids went back to school. I've known of the Majestic Dude Ranch for many years and always wanted to experience it for myself.

We went Sunday to Thursday and between the activities, meals and activities, we all had a blast. We rode horses, went mountain biking, drove ATVs through the mud, rode a mechanical bull, played baseball, hit in the batting cages, played human foosball (fun!), skeet shooting, trampoline, petting zoo, roping, archery, paintball, Mesa Verde and more!

Fun, active, family time and the staff was outstanding. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Hey kids, endless homemade cookie jar too!

Thanks Majestic Dude Ranch.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Going to a dude ranch was on my bucket list and this one just blew me away. We were fortunate to have a small group from all across the US as guests this week, so we were able to meet new friends. Robert, Jamie and their staff are awesome folks who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Activities are plentiful to choose from, for all ages, so be prepared for stuff to do from sun up to sun down. Horseback riding, fly fishing, kareoke, line dancing, archery, skeet shooting, petting area for the kiddos, play area for the kids, cattle drives, hiking in the nearby area. Food was served boarding house style and was outstanding Compliments to the chef! This is the best getaway to unplug from the daily drama, no televisions or radios in the room, and get rebalanced. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough good things about our vacation here at the Ranch. We were 73, 49, and 4 years old and each of us found our place here. The staff is the heart of the experience as they are experienced, warm, and encouraging as guests try new experiences or enjoy them again. Horseback riding, archery, clay pigeon shoots, hiking, bicycling and more; scavenger hunts, grooming horses, face painting, playground fun, horses and more for small children. Pool, hot tub, ATV tours, wonderful meals, comfortable cabins with good beds. We did not want to leave!

robert b, Owner at Majestic Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our ranch. We love hosting multi-generational families and had such a terrific time being with your family - we certainly didn't want you to leave either :) We hope to see you again soon and make it an even more special experience.Thank you!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Awesome! Awesome!! Always wanted to go to a dude ranch. Since my 14 year old and I have done an annual mother/daughter trip since she was 5, I decided this would be our next adventure. What an experience!!! Can't say enough about the fun, staff and Robert and Jamie who are the owners. By the end of the week, you not only have a wonderful time but you leave with new friends. Definitely want to go back. Highly recommend the Majestic Dude Ranch!!

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your majestic mother/daughter experience. We loved hosting you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Great time! Robert and Jamie and their staff are fantastic hosts. We were never wanting of fun times or great stories. Will go back soon!