“Terrible Ribs - Terrible Customer Service - Please Read Review”
Review of The Rib House

The Rib House
Ranked #37 of 301 Restaurants in Longmont
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 November 2016

We visited The Rib House last night and I decided to get a full slab of the Tracy's Famous Illegal Ribs and a side of Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes. The meal arrived after a short wait and the first thing I noticed was their appearance, they were not the deep red color (crust) that I am accustomed to seeing when ordering dry rub ribs...these ribs had a very dark brown un-appetizing look to them, but that's ok, I thought perhaps it was just the seasonings they used. The ribs came with a side of barbecue sauce, something you should never need with properly seasoned ribs. I tried the ribs and the first thing that came to mind was they had no taste at all...not a bad taste, just NO TASTE. I dipped some of the meat in the barbecue sauce and it now tasted like something...barbecue sauce. I went through a few more ribs and again, they had no taste. I asked my friend to try them and he returned with the same verdict...NO TASTE at all. Now if you were to stop reading my review at this point you may think that perhaps the problem with the ribs were with me and my friend, but please continue reading...it gets better.

In a quiet and discreet fashion I shared my experience with the cashier and he expressed genuine concern and told me he would go get his supervisor (I later learned his supervisor was Tracy Webb the owner and self-proclaimed Chef "Extraordinaire"). A few minutes later a man emerges from behind a door and walks toward me with a very mad scowl on his face and guns blazing (the cashier must have shared my comments). I once again share my comments with him in a quiet and discreet fashion as to not upset the few other dining guest. Before I even finished my comments he interrupted and informed me that he has never received any negative feedback on his award winning ribs and that I am the first person to have the audacity to question them. He immediately took the ribs from the table and in a very harsh tone, informed me that he would credit back my money.

Unbeknownst to the Chef "Extraordinaire", I watched him return to the kitchen and sample the remaining ribs from my plate (health-code violation?). His angry face was immediately replaced with one of concern, he spoke to one of the kitchen staff and pointed to something I could not see. A few minutes later he and I believe his partner returned with another slab of ribs, he informed me that after tasting the ribs that I was served there was indeed a problem with them (mind you he did not apologize). He asked me to try these new ribs which I did, the only difference between these and the other ones was that these were hot, the other ones were warm at best. They still had no taste, of course I expected this as I seriously doubt these ribs are made to order. Either the entire batch of ribs were poorly seasoned and cooked, or the Chef "Extraordinaire" does not know how to make good pork ribs.

It's truly disappointing how poorly Tracy Webb Chef "Extraordinaire" handled this, all he had to do was in a polite and professional manner express genuine concern over my comments and offer me something else to try, but instead of doing that, he let his EGO get the best of him.

On a side note, I should also mention that unlike other barbecue restaurants that I have been to all over this great country of ours, there was zero barbecue "smell" to be found outside or inside of the restaurant?

7  Thank MileHighDude5280

Reviewed 26 October 2016

If you want true slow hickory smoked ribs, this is the place. i have eaten many ribs in my time, KC, Memphis, Tx, and these are as good or better than any I have had. They apply a rub and then smoke for 12 hours. They are falling off the bone tender. Order comes with your choice of BBQ sauce on the side.Fried okra is also excellent. Ordering
at the register and then being seated may be a negative to some.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Definitely not good enough to go back, the lady working there was very rude to two different customers, then she was very condescending with one of the employees.
Now as for the food, not very many options, the meat was dry, the barbecue sauce tasted old, the price was very high for showing up in a plastic tray and paper.

3 adults 3 children = $79 (two of he kids shared a kids meal. And two adults only had water....)

Gluten free option = cup of meat and a hand full of fries along with a soda.... that was $18

2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Can't find better ribs in Longmont - or on the Front Range. Sit at the Well Bar and have Tracey make you one of his special martinis.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I've eaten here multiple times. Has nice ambiance, food is good, but every time we eat here the wait to get our food is longer and longer. It's never super busy when we go, so don't think that is the cause. Last visit we waited almost an hour from ordering to food delivery.

This is a fast casual place where you order at the register and a server brings you the food, so not your typical wait forever type situation. I really liked this place and make a longish drive from my home to visit, but won't be back.

2  Thank Morelia86