“Bad service and no explanation!”
Review of Delizios

Delizios
Ranked #161 of 446 Restaurants in Littleton
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sycamore
Transit: The downtown Littleton light rail station is a short two block walk from Delizios.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My grand daughter and I stopped in for lunch and ordered a simple house salad for her and a half salad and cup of soup for me. I asked the waitress if perhaps they had a vegan soup specifying no meat or animal products "like cheese". She said they had a tomato bisque. Again, I clarified before ordering - no meat or cheese, right? Okay, she said. I noticed people around me were not eating. The foursome at the next table began saying they had ordered a half hour ago or more and that woman over there got her food. I had already been wondering where our food was and we had been there almost a half hour so I went inside to find our waitress. I had an appointment to get to in the next town. The waitress said that they had a new cook and they were hurrying. It didn't look like it to me. I said I had an appointment and that we had been waiting for a long time. I sat down at the table and told the foursome next to us what the story was. As one woman commented, "it would have been nice to be told". The waitress then brought my food and the women at the next table told the waitress they weren't waiting any longer. It was at that point when they had been there by that time almost 45 minutes. I gobbled my salad down. After tasting the soup, I realized it had a lot of cheese in it. This, after asking for vegan food!! The waitress never came back to see if we needed anything. I went inside to ask for a box for my granddaughter's food and to settle the bill. No one offered a comp of any kind! Better hire an experienced cook! And for heaven's sake, let your customers know what the hold up is!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Becky S

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Now my wife and I didn't order meals, but ordered the bruschetta platter and the mussels. They were both OK, but were prepared too heavy handed...meaning, the idea was there, but the execution was not quite what it could have been. I look forward to giving an entree a shot as the looked good on other tables.

The staff was very friendly, and our waiter was really good

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Small, romantic, quaint, and good service. The food is very yummy though the menu is a little small. Great location, good desserts and gelato. Great sandwiches and salads! Great for date night or to grab lunch to go!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Warm, inviting, hospitable. Although this was our first visit, we were greeted with, "Hello, friends!" and taken to a nicely decorated room with a wine theme -- and what a wine list they have! (Only complaint with the decor was the fireplace, which just had one measly gas (?) flame.) Our waiter was as personable as the hostess, and the service continued to be very good throughout the evening. (Only quibble was that we had to fill our wineglasses ourselves, which I require in order to give a "nice" and romantic restaurant five stars.) We asked about the wine (a bottle is included in the price), and our waiter said he would choose one for us based on our entree selections. When we asked if we could choose for ourselves at a surcharge (the Cline Cashmere, one of our favorites, which they listed at about $35 a bottle), he said, "No problem." And we were not charged any extra for that.

On to the food: We ordered the meal for two for $80.00 (actually $85.00 as my husband selected the most expensive entree), and it was a very good value. It started with an appetizer -- we chose the crabcakes, which were absolutely delicious, but are overpriced at $13.00 if we had ordered a la carte. Just two small ones on a bed of deliciously dressed field greens. Then on to the entrees, which -- although gourmet -- were a disappointment. The gnocci was gummy and the medallions were very tender, but stringy and without much flavor. (think a very tender pot roast). I also wish they had included more vegetables with the entrees. But, then, OH -- THE DESSERT!!! We ordered the Swiss Chocolate Torte, and it was, to put it simply, the BEST chocolate dessert I have had in my entire life (which is saying something, as I am a senior). The coffees were top rate, too -- which is very important to us.

In short, we will definitely be back, but I think it will be for either drinks and appetizers or else in the late evening after seeing a movie for more of that delicious dessert and coffee.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

First time and it was delightful. Very quiet as it was a Monday. Staff was attentive and helpful w suggestions. Not cheap but not over the top either. Had the Beef medallions, encrusted lamb chops and mussels-all were excellent. Freakshow Cabernet was excellent also-recommended by my date however. Warm and comfortable place-I'll go back.