“Should have gone to Chipotle”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #138 of 414 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I was originally on my way to chipotle when I saw this place and decided to give it a try, never again. I ordered 2 meat platter with Cole slaw which was the best part of my meal, potato salad was average, and the amount of meat was depressing. It came with what seemed to be a brown and serve roll they made the day before. No smoke taste in the pulled pork or the sliced brisket, which is thick sliced.. Not my preference. I also had the Mac and Brisket stack, macaroni was so overcooked I believe it was not made in store, like they're scooping it out of a five gallon bucket in back. Nothing tasted bad, just disappointing for a $25 meal.. Side note, on a good day I'm 145 lb man and I ate both meals.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My brother and I went for takeout barbecue. We both got chicken, which was basically a skinless chicken breast that was baked. No smoke, no Rob, and no side of barbecue Sauce. They were out of two of the sides that I wanted, and the portions were extremely small. I won't be going back.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Went with coupon on back of grocery receipt and got one meal free with purchase of one meal and two drinks. Both of us got pulled pork with beans and coleslaw. Options of 3 BBQ sauces, original, spicy or sweet. Great pork, coleslaw and bread with meal. Boyfriend liked the beans. Will be going back within the next month and will be looking for coupon again. One Mexican not as friendly and impatient, one really cool black man and white man to serve us after rude encounter with the Mexican.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Usual dickeys food so overall tasty and quick service. Located in a shopping center that is a bit difficult to turn left out of.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Had a lunch catered to my staff on a Saturday. It was outstanding. They arrived on time and the food was hot. They set up very nicely and the gentleman who delivered it was very professional and helpful. We had pulled pork and the chicken for the meat and beans and mat& cheese all outstanding. Would highly recommend them for your catering.