“AMAZING!!”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 414 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing. Great service, great food, great drinks and family friendly. We go every time we are in town.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This is a great place for lunch or dinner. It's a converted Bennigans. The pork dishes are great. Ask for the extra hot.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Table or booth? We prefer a table... took us to a booth. Chips and salsa arrive. Drink order? Sure! 1 water, 1 diet coke, 1 pink lemonade, 1 frozen mango margarita 32 oz $15... maybe an oz of tequila, maybe. 3 x's cheese dip? Nope, more salsa. Nope, cheese dip. Oh ok,... nope, margarita. No, cheese dip. Ok... long wait. Called over manager. Can we place our order? Sure, your waitress just got through serving a large party. Ok, dont forget the cheese dip. Cheese dip was not hardly warm. More chips? Nope, we are out. Next table offers theor chips. Later, a new lady, we are making more chips. Ok. Food arrives by busy waitress asking who ordered what. Not to be seen until the end of the meal. Water boy refilled drinks. Check came after watching those who offered us chips walked out waiting on their bill. All on one check. Asked to be split. Had to wait and wait. Manager got involved. Waited some more. She came back to the table... who had what? Wait some more. Finally got individual tickets. Yep, $0.48 tip to round to the next dollar... should have left nothing. Run away from this place, if you expect a little service. Food tasted good, but was NOT hot. Margarita was a rip off. And the portion size, compared to the pictures in the menu, were very lacking.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here before, so to say I was not impressed this time is a fair statement. Ordered a combo plate with cheese enchilada, chili relleno, and guacamole tostado. Chips were cardboardish, salsa was fine. The rice was flavorless, the crispy chili relleno could not be cut with fork nor knife. What saved my meal was the house margarita! I was greeted, order taken and plate cleared. Never once was I asked “how’s everything?” And to boot I had to ask for clean silverware!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The food was just ok. To be fair I live in Mexico but everything was a bit flavorless dull and listless nothing had any brightnes to it. It took quite a while to get service in the bar area. Once my drink order was taken I looked over the menu another server asked if someone else had taken my order. I confirmed this she visibly looked upset and gave a deep sigh. Another server kept coughing without covering her mouth as she walked through the dining area. One floor manager kept scratching him self in a inappropriate place. Leave the restaurant floor please. Someone should review food handling with this crew. I should know better than to expect greatness from a chain I guess.