“Visiting Family in Lakewood”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I traveled to Denver/Lakewood to visit our son and his family. The entire staff at The Residence Inn were outstanding. Our 2 grandauthers spent two nights with us so having a queen suite with the fold out sofa bed and a fully equiped kitchen worked really well. Everyone enjoyed the hot breakfast served daily. Rooms were very clean. Will stay at this property when we return to Denver. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: the queen room with a sitting room was very comfortable with 2 small children. there were 2 televisi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed here with family for a week and it was perfect. The rooms were clean, the kitchen was stocked with what we needed (slightly minimal but it worked) and the staff were very friendly. Clean towels etc were dropped off daily as needed and the entire hotel was clean and fresh looking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here while helping our daughter move into her college dorm. Our room was a queen suite. When you enter, there is a living room area to the left and a kitchen/dining area to the right. You go diagonally to a door to get to the bedroom/bathroom area. Overall, the layout was very functional. The kitchen had a two-burner electric stovetop, a microwave, full-size refrigerator and a dishwasher. The cupboards had adequate dishes, cups and utensils. There was a small table with two chairs for dining. Living room had a convertible sofa, TV, work desk with chair, etc. The separate bedroom was small, but adequate. The bathroom was well-stocked, although there was no hair dryer (front desk staff assumed that the previous occupant stole it). The bed was comfortable. We had two problems that made it difficult to sleep. First, since we were downstairs, we heard the people upstairs whenever they were walking around. Second, our room was relatively close to the lobby so we heard convesations and other noise when the staff came in to prepare breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was actually pretty good. It was an expanded continental breakfast that included scrambled eggs, sausage and potato wedges. The dining area was a decent size. Overall, the stay was not bad. Next time I would try to get an upstairs room, and I would try to make sure that I am away from the lobby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My family and I stayed here on a recent trip to Denver and we had a great experience. Breakfast each day was well stocked. The bedrooms were nice and while it's not in Denver, it was very easy to go a few miles down and take the light rail in to watch the Phillies play the Rockies. Also, the drive to Red Rocks and to Mt. Evan's was easy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I lost my phone down the drain at this hotel, completly my fault. It was my Iphone that had memories of texts that I kept after just losing a best friend to colon cancer. I cried and this young man Cameron did everything in his power to get my phone out somehow! He didn't know the story or anything, he just litterally jumped to help.He used everything they had! It might have just been an Iphone but it had memories, precious memories that'd I wouldnt have gotten back if he didnt get my phone for me. Without him knowing about my friends texts he got me back m ty phone before the storm hit and rain washed in this tunnel that was locked. I have never been so impressed with the service we receive there every year! We go to Bandimere to race and let me tell you everytime I come back in the Hotel I get greeted with a huge smile and friendly welcome like they knew me well before this happend haha! But this is the best place to stay hands down! They take amazing care of you and I had to share my story because Cameron you were a lifesaver.. Sometimes people don't know the situation or storys but I do hope you read this. Thank you for saving my phone and my memories! See what kinda of service you get here people??! Amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family