New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent place to stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. Staff was good, location was good. close to restaurants and a strip mall.Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again on another visit to Southern California.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stay at this hotel pretty frequently on my trips to Lakewood. I think the hotel is average, but I have been consistently disappointed by the Sports Grill - the hotel restaurant. I also have been disappointed over the housekeeping staff not refilling my inroom coffee (paper) cups. I have noticed that a lot of Holiday Inn's seem to have inconsistent housekeeping staff that seem to not give guests shampoo or in this case, coffee cups. It's that big of a deal, but I really like using the insulated cups for a cup of coffee than a glass cup or plastic cup.

I have had OK experience with this property, but this visit fell well below standards and I doubt that I will be coming back to this property. There were too many problems and I am a Platinum member of the Holiday Inn club. When a Platinum member opts out of staying at a hotel, there are some problems. I think the hotel is more interested in Priority Club Members who are NOT Platinum, which is something that I frankly don't understand. On Wednesday's the hotel offers a "Manager's Receiption" and come to find out that I was on the Executive Level Floor, I was told that I was NOT invited to the receiption. I am guessing that a Platinum Member is not appreciated at this hotel. Keep that in mind when booking this hotel.

I will be staying at other hotels in the area where frequent customers are more apppreciated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 678855
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Let us first apologize that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. We hold ourselves to very high standards, in terms of services and amenities... higher than (we feel) even Holiday Inn brand standards. One of our standards (which, based on your review, we've reviewed with our entire team) focuses on Platinum Members of Priority Club (meaning travelers who are members of Priority Club and travel almost exclusively at Holiday Inn's thus receiving a Platinum status). For these loyal guests, our standard is to recognize their status at check-in (Platinum or Gold), they are treated to our Executive Breakfast Monday -Friday in the Executive Lounge and are invited to our reception on Wednesday nights in the Executive Lounge, and when we have availability, upgrades are free to Platinum members. These are our standards... the 'minimum' level of service one can expect. Though we'll be contacting you directly to obtain more details from you about your stay, on behalf of the entire hotel team at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, we'd like to apologize for your stay with us being anything less than exceptional.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My Wife and I decided to get away to Denver for the weekend. We had read reviews of this site and were quite pleased and booked our reservation. Although there was a booking issue the staff worked hard to resolve the issue. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile upon checking in at 5AM and discovered that we were upgraded to the executive suite due to the reservation issue.
The lobby was inviting with the fireplace in the center. The front was nicely lit. Very relaxing environment.

Everything was perfect in the room, temperature, lighting, view, bed, etc. The room service was excellent, everyone had a smile and was in a good mood. For staying such a short time in Denver only about a day and a half we were quite pleased. On our next visit to Denver we will return to this Holiday Inn and it will be for a longer visit.

Room Tip: The 6th floor is very quiet - Highly recommend
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood for your Denver Getaway! Though never like to have any issues, reservations or otherwise, we realize they do occur. Our main goal when a problem does arise is to resolve it quickly and efficiently and allow you to fully enjoy your stay with us. We are so pleased you were impressed with our amenities and service. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Denver.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of February. We were staying in Denver one night before heading out to the ski resorts. We will always stay here now. It was extremely clean, recently remodeled. Very nicely appointed. There is a a really nice sports bar and breakfast was a $20 credit to the restaurant. Great, great spot.
Also you get Bed, bath and Beyond toiletries which was a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and glowing recommendation. We appreciate both and will share them witn our team here at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood.
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have stayed here twice on business and have been very happy both times. The hotel has recently been updated and is exceptionally clean. The lobby is welcoming, with a seating area and a (propane) fireplace - very cozy! The rooms are a good size and very clean with comfortable beds. I received a complimentary breakfast with my stay and the food was good! There is a good restaurant onsite and a few others within walking distance - great location! And they have a free shuttle to anywhere within a 5 mile radius - a huge plus! But I have to say that the best thing about the hotel is the staff.. They are very friendly and go above and beyond in answering questions. Ginger even remembered me from my stay a year ago! They made my trip feel less like business and more like vacation. I would be happy to stay here again. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. They're kind of far away but gorgeous, esp at sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank slowcoachFL
Thank you for continuing to choose the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood when your travels bring you to the Denver area. Your feedback is very much appreciated and taken to heart. We agree - that, though we work hard to provide exceptional amenities and ambiance... we believe the BEST part of our hotel is our team... We'll share your comments with them, including Ginger. We hope to see you again soon, wether on business, pleasure or both!