All reviews events center housekeeping service antique boat fabulous location restaurants and shopping complimentary coffee tree house tables and chairs view of the lake the main street in town quick weekend family reunion room was very clean and comfortable nothing fancy three nights adams falls
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I was looking for a location that allowed easy access to the Rocky Mountain National Park and Grand Lake was an excellent choice. I walked around this entire area and in my opinion the Western Riviera provided the best view of the Lake. I also walked down to the Lemmon Lodge and seen that they had a nice set up as well but it appeared that the rental cabins were individually owned so it could be hit or miss as to what you would get. The cabins looked nice from the outside and a lot of the cabin renters were fishing the stream that their cabins fronted. The Western Riviera was centrally located and was nice enough for a father, son fishing & hiking get-a-way but, not something that the refined female would appreciate. In other words the wife would not be staying here. The room / cabin I rented was #2, it was upstairs and had a great view of the lake. It was peaceful and the place was clean and quiet. I write this review while setting at the table looking out the window staring at the lake and mountain and wondering what there was not to like about this place. For those that are looking for the negative aspect of this place let me dig deep and say that the place is a little dated and rustic. I will include some photos of what I am referring too. I will spare you more of the beautiful photo's that are numerous already. Specifically about the room is the lack of air-conditioning. This is not a deal killer because it never really got hot enough in the room for it to become an issue to us but again if the wife was here it would have been an issue. The bathroom was dated with the bathroom sink top overlapping the toilet. The bath tub drain was broken and would not hold water so if you want to take a bath you will need to run the water at the same rate it leaks out of the tub. There is not unlimited hot water so don't plan on camping out in the bath tub / shower. Ok that's about all I can find about the accommodations. The king bed was comfortable and provided great sleep quality. The water pressure was good. Front desk personnel were gracious and helpful. Views were fantastic and location was excellent. Now for the rest of the surroundings. On the weekends the town is overrun with tourist hoards and is an eclectic mix of people. During the week the town shuts down early. It's Monday and some of the restaurants close at 2 pm. and a lot of places are closed on Tuesday. The place has an overall feel of a dying town. The town washateria is closed and for sell. Other business have been closed for sometime and run down. There are two gas stations close by, todays price is 2.55 per gallon. Two restaurants were good: The Fat Cat for Breakfast and the CYS Deli. I ate at most of the other places and found them to be over prices with poor quality food. The only other thing that I observed is that the town is incredibly dog and children friendly. If you have a dogs and children this place will be heaven to you. If I came back I would stop in Bolder Colorado and buy groceries and would use the propane grill provided and cook some of my own meals if not then I would be at the Fat Cat café for breakfast in the morning and the Deli in the evening.
The area also has kayak, paddle boat, and power boat rentals.
In conclusion, I couldn't find enough negative aspects to overcome the beautiful surroundings. I would definitely come back but would be better prepared next time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Deepoutdoors
WesternRiviera, Owner at Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you for your thorough and honest review. We truly appreciate your letting us know about the tub drain issue so we can get it working properly ASAP. While Grand Lake certainly went through some tough times for a few years, we're making a come back including the new Grand Lake Center being selected as the headquarters of The Disney Way Training Series. As a result, a friendly guest-oriented town will become even friendlier and more guest-oriented. With Grand Lake in our front yard offering all types of power and human-powered water sports and fishing year-round, and Rocky Mountain National Park as our backyard offering all types of hiking, nature and wildlife viewing, we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in the cabins and we have stayed at the hotel. Both are great locations. Always clean. Staff is friendly. We will always stay here when we visit. Great rates also! Cabins are our favorite choice.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
WesternRiviera, Owner at Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

We appreciate your kind words about our staff, the cleanliness of our rooms and location. Thanks so much for staying with us again and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Trails!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms and property very tidy and clean. Decor is very dated, but everything is in good working condition and clean. We stayed in the one-bedroom apartment (above the lobby) and had no complaints. Alley behind hotel is a bit noisy at times due to restaurant service and trash pickup. Considering the excellent view and location, we'd recommend a bit of a facelift. Color tube-type TV's, old bedspreads and slipcovers remind me of the 70's. Otherwise, all good! Great view of the lake and just a block from a walking pier and two blocks from the "beach".

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
WesternRiviera, Owner at Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for your review and stay. We appreciate your kinds words regarding our staff and cleanliness of our property. Each year we are addressing updates which we know our guests deserve. We're glad you enjoyed the view and location of our lakeside motel, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Stayed here for four nights while attending family reunion at cousin's cabin at Grand Lake. We were only concerned with basic accommodations, and that's what we got. Room was not fancy but very comfortable, roomy, quiet and absolutely spotless. It is less than a block's walk from the town's main street with all the restaurants, stores, etc. It also has a wonderful view of the lake.

We did have 2 a.m. revelers on the deck two nights after the weekend bars closed. But they dispersed after we asked them to "keep it down", and it really didn't bother us that much, because such is pretty common around closing time, even in 5-star hotels. Drunks are drunks, if you know what I am saying.

Also, compared to the experiences (aka nightmares) of some of the cousins that had booked other places, The Western Rivera Lodge was darned decent.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, honesty and for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. We're sorry about the late night noise and appreciate your understanding. We're glad you enjoyed your view of the lake, and proximity to Grand Lake's historic boardwalk of restaurants and shops. We hope to see you back in Grand Lake again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

The only good thing is the lake. The railings are loose. The stairs need repair/replacement. There is no air-conditioning. Had to leave the window open all night for some air- the window that people had to pass all night to reach their rooms. The hot water ran out and we took cold showers. The toilet is up against the vanity. You're sitting with your left side tight against the vanity and your right leg touching the tub. Shabby, shabby, shabby

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple