All reviews room was clean main street overnight getaway ceiling fan in the room basic accommodations small refrigerator pleasant stay would definitely stay here again a bit pricey air conditioning the rocky mountain national park stayed nights lake lodge key summer rockies
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Last minute reservations so our options were limited. This place obviously takes advantage of the opportunity. It's a 60's "Motorlodge" that's been maintained and had minimal updates.
Saturday night we had to park out on the road because there are more rooms than parking spaces.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Great quaint town to spend a night, but this hotel was certainly overpriced for the services it offered. The gentleman who checked us in was unfriendly and unhelpful. The room, while large & clean, was very dated with pretty pink pastel walls and dark green, red, brown bed furnishings!
As the hotel did not have a guest laundry I asked on checkin if there was a local laundromat, the unfriendly gentleman replied 'I think there is one in the building next door but I have no idea!' I took a two minute walk and found out the opening times. It would have been nice for this gentleman to do the same and when asked by guests in future he could reply 'Yes, there is a laundry next door and it is open from 6am - 10pm for your convenience' - now thats not too difficult!!
The hotel also did not offer breakfast but on reading reviews apparently there was tea & coffee in the reception area - we were not told about this.
I think the price of $170 per night - with no additional services offered - is overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I spent a night in this hotel at the end of Grand Lake's main street. My room was large and comfortable, but a little dated. Considering that there was no breakfast buffet, the price was on the high side for the quality of the service received, even considering that I stayed in high season. The manager at the reception wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming. The location is great for exploring the west side of the Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank goerz
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel was close to the Grand Lake, the town is very quaint, I was there for a fishing derby.
Hotel owner was VERY accommodating and went out of his way to help me. Rooms spacious, clean and comfortable.
I recommend this property, Parking was a little tight for my truck and trailer. I was able to unload my ATV and pull my sled to the lake for ice fishing.
Price was reasonable. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We recently stayed at Bighorn Lodge in Grand Lake Colorado while visiting family for a week. The room was clean and the water pressure was amazing. I wish the beds had been softer and the room would benefit from an extra table or counter space; however, the view from our window more than made up for what the room lacked. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I recommend stopping in Granby on the way to Grand Lake to pick up some groceries. It is expensive to eat out for every meal. Although the mini fridge is very small, if you visit during the winter, you can keep cold items right outside your door. There is a little fox that visits the area so do not leave food, but drinks will stay ice cold and are undisturbed during your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 828nancyn