All reviews room was clean main street overnight getaway ceiling fan in the room basic accommodations small refrigerator pleasant stay would definitely stay here again a bit pricey air conditioning the rocky mountain national park stayed nights lake lodge key summer rockies
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I booked this room a few months in advance me and my wife.we drove through the rmnp stopped here for a couple of days.I had read some bad reviews about this place but they where wrong.as we walked in room it was very clean from the towels to the sheets downy fresh.the person at register was a little quite but that doesn't make him rude.I will stay here again.good location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I WILL NOT BE STAYING AT THIS MOTEL AGAIN. The price was outrageous for what they offered. Worst part: when management was called to fix something, they were defensive and reluctant to do anything about it. Bathroom facilities were weird..The door to the toilet area was within INCHES of the commode...almost scraped your knees....The shower sprayed all over the bathroom and had to mop up the tile to prevent falling. There was a strange lamp high on a shelf that was difficult to reach to turn on...Only tall people allowed to stay in this motel?? The ceiling fan was off to one side...the overhead light was in the corner...drapes were shabby at best...The artwork on the wall consisted of a large red "NO SMOKING" SIGN....VERY STRANGE.. They had the audacity to charge $170.00 for this room on Sat....did drop the rate to $110.00 on Sunday, but STILL FELT IT WAS WAY OVERPRICED for the quality...The bed coverings were outdated, but did appear to have clean sheets!! MY ADVICE....STAY ANYWHERE ELSE....IN GRAND LAKE. THIS PLACE WAS AWFUL...

Room Tip: Just avoid this place........Period.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We were here last weekend for the Spirit of the Lake Regatta. This hotel had nice clean carpet and two beds as promised but I had stayed the weekend before in an equivalent hotel for only $117 for a night. This hotel was $277 for a night so we only stayed Sat night. Given the little town was hopping and it was super convenient to the lake and easy walking on the Main St area. I am not certain there was any breakfast available at the hotel since I had to get up so early to row. But we found coffee/breakfast places near by. The rooms were clean, easy parking. Simple rustic Motel, just paid for the location. Summer in the Rockies I guess I should expect this. We did take Trail Ridge Rd over and that was a great way to get to Grand Lake from the Boulder area. Avoid I70 if you can too much traffic

Room Tip: get an upstairs room if you do not want to hear people above you.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We booked this room 1 month ahead of time. When we got there it WAS NOT SOLD OUT, they gave us the worst room. (by nite the hotel was full.) We were in the corner-1 window overlooking the stairway. It was like we were in a dark cave. No breakfast, room very old fashioned-needs decorating. For the amount of money for rooms in Colorado that we stayed at, this was the worst. One place we stayed in Estes Park for 2 nites was SO MUCH BETTER than this one.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed 2 nights at the Grand Lake Bighorn Lodge. The location is convenient at the end of Main Street. Basic amenities, room was small, clean and quiet. Expensive at the height of the tourist season on Grand Lake but a good value for the location at this time of the year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple