All reviewsindoor and outdoor poolsair hockeygame areafoosball tableshash brownsan italian restaurantatrium arearoom was cleanno elevatorchoice hotelslarge hotelhot tubhot breakfastthe breakfast areaon site restaurantattached restaurantwould stay here again
Reviewed 29 November 2016

For around $60 per night for a room, this hotel is a great bargain. Very clean, quiet, located close to Interstate 70 and airport, parking in lighted area close to room, and hot breakfast included. It also has nice indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.

My wife and I had flown into the Grand Junction airport and, in reserving a room, had indicated that we would be arriving after midnight. We did, and our room was reserved. However, when we attempted to enter it, the electronic key did not open the door. The lights on the entry lock did not flash, and so I guessed that the battery was dead. This is a very large motel, and after walking about 150 yards to the front desk, I told the clerk of the problem and my assessment as to the cause. So, rather than simply give me keys to a different room, the woman contacted the night time maintenance man. He was a personable guy who was nearby and accompanied me back to the room where, sure enough, he verified that the electronic lock needed new batteries. But he hadn't brought any with him, so my wife and I had to wait outside the room for about an additional 10 minutes while he went back to get some, and then had to disassemble the lock to install them. In all, we spent about 20 minutes, at 12:30 in the morning after having been awake since 6:00, standing outside our room waiting for this defect to be fixed. It was obvious the the motel was far less than half full, and it is just dumb that they would not simply give us a different room.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

I would like to apologize for the issue with your door lock. I have shared your feedback with my Chief Engineer and Guest Service Manager to update our procedures. We want your visit to be the best it can be when you stay with us. I hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We stayed here one night. It only cost $65. Our kid was stoked because they had air hockey, foosball, pool tables and a workout room. He could not use the workout room, because he is six. The front desk staff was very nice. They gave me a coupon for a free beer in the hotel bar. I drank a Stella. It was cold and delicious.

Oh, our room. There were no windows, but it did have a large sliding door into the inner common area where the air hockey table is. We slept fine and did not hear the other guests at all. I don't remember anything else about the room. The whole place is totally outdated, decor, but it was fine. I'm not sure if I would book it again personally, but my son would.

Breakfast - it was your usual out of control hotel breakfast - too many people, not enough staff, bread items, eggs, yogurt - if you've been to one hotel, you know the scene. However, I was not happy that they used all styrofoam plates/bowls. This is Colorado and they should know better.

Also, the staff let me put my expensive mountain bikes inside a locked room in the hotel. This was much better than bringing them into my room or leaving them in the parking lot.

It was okay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you and your family again one day.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

You can tell this used to be an amazing hotel in it's day! Two pools although only the indoor one was open when we were there. Kids have a fuse ball area. It had an indoor courtyard which is perfect for pets. We stayed in a pet room. The sheets were clean but the comforter smelled a bit. The carpet was stained. The Free breakfast was just ok. But the price for the stay for us was only $59. The bed was ok. The room has a microwave and fridge. Good enough hotel for pets and owners for almost free but no TAJ. Can't beat the price. Better than camping...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We know you have a lot of choices out there and we are so glad you chose us.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our cross-country road trip from CA to MD. Got our room for a decent off-season price ($59) and I was quite happy that they don't charge a pet fee for our fur baby. Front desk was really nice and very helpful with giving us info on road conditions, which allowed us to better plan our route. Amenities are par for the course and our king-sized bed was very comfortable. It was nice to know there was an indoor pool and hot tub, although both are closed for the winter. The free hot breakfast buffet was a nice touch, too. Needless to say, we will be staying here again if we're ever down that route.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We pride ourselves in being a very pet friendly hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We picked this because of the location and it's reviews.
For us it was the perfect location, for 3 nights.
The staff were lovely all very friendly, room comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was one of the best complimentary breakfasts we have had, and the ladies in the breakfast room were lovely, helpful and the place was beautiful looked after.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

The best way to start a good day is with a great breakfast. We are so happy that you enjoyed ours.