All reviews ice maker full kitchen an extended stay hotel sized fridge cook top pots and pans clean property front desk available for purchase queen size bed city market quiet location free breakfast small room laundry room recommend this hotel nice hotel
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very basic for what it is. Nothing great to say and nothing bad to say. So if your looking for a place to stay, stay here. Walking distance to shopping. Small outdoor patio with two grills. Full kitchen with dish washer.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hi Micheal S,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that our hotel was able to provide for your accommodation needs. I know we still have a lot of room for improvement so if you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels because of my job I stay on the road 10 months out of the year. So you might say I live in hotels and know exactly what to inspect. This Candlewood Suites was pretty typical. They don't offer any upgrades you have to ask if available unlike holidayinn which is in the same IHG Network. They don't offer King beds of course. Their top-of-the-line room consists of a queen bed. In the springs appeared shot in this one that I stayed in. But all in all the bed and pillows were comfortable. The recliner seem broke and the remotes didn't work. But that was not really a big thing. They do offer free laundry service just like other Candlewood Suites. But if you ask the staff to do something it's almost like pulling teeth. I asked if I could pay cash up front and she made me put it all on my card. When I left there I went to the airport Holiday Inn the next day and they let me pay cash for it and put my incidentals on the card so not sure why them being in the same network they couldn't do that. Also there was a point option where the area was offering additional points at an extra cost. I asked if she could upgrade me to that cost and she said no I'd have to do that during reservation. But when I got to the Holiday Inn Express the next day which is only down the street from this hotel. They were able to change my reservation in accommodate me because the lady behind the desk understood how the IHG Network worked. I called The Candlewood Suites back and told her how she could change this in the system to help me get more points, and she basically said there was nothing she could do to help me. She says there was some type of manager I can talk to but that wouldn't be till Monday and this was Saturday. I'll be in another state Monday so not much I can do now. The place is about a three and a half stay but I'll give it a 2 for the poor coaching of the staff from management. I had issues from night shift and day shift asking easy fix questions that couldn't be remedied by these people.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Floyd F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff and for not living up to your expectations regarding our beds and furniture. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This is a very nice and comfortable hotel that provides suites. Easy access off I-70 and close to many restaurants. This is the first time we have stayed at this hotel and were very, very pleased with the accommodations.

Room tip: We got the first floor and were able to park outside our room to enable us to watch the car if necessary.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Ideal place to stay unless you need a king-size bed. Everything else, from the queen-bed suites to the amenities, are outstanding. When I asked about a fitness center (which they don't have), they handed me a pass to a nearby local Fitness Plus facility.

Room tip: Ask for a free upgrade to a full kitchen suite. If you get it, great. If not, you'll still have a nice queen suite.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

The rooms are nice, people are friendly.
BUT ok here comes the but you can literally hear the people in the next room.
I mean every part of the conversation they are having.
pool would have been nice.
Breakfast would have been nice also.
but being an extended stay I guess not.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Hi ac600us,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your generous individual ratings toward our hotel rooms including the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members, It is regrettable to learn that you may have not fully enjoyed your stay for you found the walls thin and food served below par. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.