“Had a wonderful time!”
Review of Drowsy Water Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Drowsy Water Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Granby
New York City, New York
“Had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I went to this ranch Labor Day week 2011. I'm from NYC and this was my first solo trip. What a great time I had! The staff was unbelievably friendly, rooms very cozy and clean, horses were very well cared for, food was great. I wanted to do more riding than the usual slow trail rides and I got this at Drowsy Water. I met some really great people out there. I would highly recommend Drowsy Water if you love riding and want to take a solo trip. I rented a car from Denver and made the beautiful drive to Granby. Although it rained the day of our whitewater rafting trip we still all had a great time. Definitely one of my best travel experiences so far! I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Dede T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 29 October 2011

DWR provided 3 generations of our family- 16 people from 7 months to 74 years a glorious 45th anniversary celebration. We loved the friendliness of the Fosha family, wonderful staff, horses, dogs, and the beauty of the hills, trees, flowers, streams.....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Faith W
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 September 2011

For a family who don't ride, our friends thought we were mad to book a week on a ranch! I can't recommend the experience enough. From the friendly welcome, personal attention, riding lessons, well kept horses, beautiful grounds and fabulous home-cooked food.
Everybody was so friendly!
Our cabin was clean and perfectly adequate with nice little touches like an upturned cowboy hat full of things we might have forgotten, a fridge and ceiling fan.
Meals are served family style at long tables with 2/3 families sitting together so it was easy to get to socialise as is the fact we were offered a choice of full/half day/scenic rides so again you rode with different people. We are allocated a horse for the week and since they have 108 horses and 50 guests, the horses are well rested and obviously very well cared for. Our daughters are 17 and 20 and they were very concerned whether there would be others of their age group. Since the Ranch employs over 20 young wranglers/councillors aged 19-22, my girls had no complaints. We spent a fantastic day white water rafting! and they had activities every evening like line dancing, steak bbq, hay ride/western sing song, carnival and staff talent show. There is a hot tub and a small pool, a good way to ease those aching muscles! The highlight for me was the breakfast ride where we ate breakfast on the top of a mountain! Wonderful food, photo opportunity beautiful scenery and then the ride back down! Thank you Randy Sue for calming my nerves! I felt great that I managed it and yes I know the horses don't want to fall either. Oh and there was also Cattle round up- I have never laughed so much and no my team did not win! I hope to keep intouch with many of the lovely people we met and hope to return one day.

29 Thank fayattheranches
CT
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The ranch was a great place to get away from the usual technology filled world and just relax. The wranglers were helpful, patient and lots of fun to go on rides with! The square dancing event and the campfires were great and provided fun for both kids and adults.
Being in nature and just seeing the breathtaking views was worth the trip from Ct!
Great place for kids and adults!

3 Thank mom2threee
washington
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Our diverse little group's age range was 12 to 89. Everyone had a great time and wants to return next year. The accomodations are basic but clean and pleasant. Great sleeping conditions. We all enjoyed the food. Again, it's not fancy but it was good.

Our skittish 12 year old was hesitant about riding. After receiving personal attention, she was loping on her first day of riding. She's usually fairly clingy but spent the week hanging with the other kids. The children's program is very good.

Our experienced riders enjoyed the variety of rides and other horseback activities. Our novice riders received instructions and were able to participate in varied horseback activities as well. The mountain views from the trails were amazing.

There are non-riding activities in the evening. We had lots of good, clean fun. It took a couple of days for me to realize that there's no TV! It was great to see the kids off the TV, cell phones and video games and not missing them a bit while enjoying the great outdoors.

Cell phone reception is spotty. Wireless internet is available. I had no problem checking my email but downloading content heavy web pages was really slow.

This real working ranch's greatest asset is the owners, the Fosha family. They are integally involved in every aspect of the operations. They were very kind and responsive to all our needs. They really made us feel like part of the family.

9 Thank washdcpam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
22.3 km away
22.5 km away
Wild Horse Inn
Wild Horse Inn
#2 of 3 in Fraser

Been to Drowsy Water Ranch? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK