US$ 175
The Canyon Motel(Hot Sulphur Springs)
US$ 87
US$ 144
Gateway Inn(Grand Lake)(Great Value!)
US$ 204
US$ 198
Orbitz.com
US$ 183
US$ 167
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstrap shootingropes coursehorseback ridingskeet shootingfamily vacationkids programcorporate retreatnew friendsthe barntalent showhead wranglerhatchet throwingan amazing vacationkids and adultsyear oldshot tubfeel like family
Reviewed 21 October 2017

LOVED everything about the C Lazy U Ranch! Bill, the head wrangler, impressed me the most tho with his thorough knowledge of the horses including their experience and temperament. He listened to me about skill and preferences and matched me with Betsy -- the perfect horse for me. If seeing the Jingle doesn't stir deep, primal love for the west and the connection all creatures have with each other, then just wait a day or two, experience the beauty here and you will understand what I'm talking about. The staff wranglers know each horse by sight, remember who you are riding and are interesting and helpful in every way. The Cabins are beautifully decorated, the food delicious and the spa a luxurious delight. The staff anticipate every need and do so in a enthusiastic and quality way. I was there last week for a Julie Goodnight Women, Riding and Yoga retreat -- Julie and her staff's knowledge, experience, good humor and thorough desire to help women learn, grow and find delight in the riding experience is almost beyond words. This part of the trip was so life affirming and enhancing for me. I feel transformed. I am so grateful to experience the ranch and the riding clinic -- and am dying to go back!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the C Lazy U Ranch. You’ve mentioned two people who undoubtedly contribute tremendously to create a wonderful horseback riding program at the C Lazy U Ranch. We are honored to partner with Julie Goodnight to host riding clinics at the ranch in the spring and fall. She is an amazing instructor who makes learning easy and fun. Bill Fisher has been with the ranch for over 40 years and has been recognized by the Colorado Hotel & Lodging Association with a Lifetime Achievement award. He is the heart and soul of our riding operation – he is amazing at matching horse and rider and his patient and gentle disposition ensures a safe and enjoyable riding experience!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was at the ranch for a Julie Goodnight horse clinic and everything about the Thursday through Monday event was awesome! The accommodations are wonderful, truly world class, from the gourmet meals, the personal attention and professional staff and wranglers and well suited horse for my riding level, to the beautiful view from from my comfortable cabin. I enjoyed relaxing and going to sleep to a crackling fire in the fireplace next to my bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Gloria,

Thank you for your kind remarks after attending a recent Julie Goodnight clinic. Julie is an amazingly talented riding professional who has an upbeat attitude that makes learning so enjoyable. I am pleased that you found our accommodations comfortable – we try to deliver a cabin that has a rustic feel with luxury appointments. Many of our cabins have custom crafted log detail that is made from timber obtained right here on the ranch. I hope you’ll consider a return for another of Julie’s clinics.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Simply incredible experience. Words cannot describe to beauty of the ranch setting. Food and service was impeccable! Staff was very friendly and professional. There are miles and miles of beautiful trails for all levels of riders. Trail rides varied from 1-1/2 to 3 hours! This ranch will let you canter and gallop if you want to. Have already book for two more vacations. We were blown away! We have never met so many nice people in one place, staff and guests included. It was like a big family!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your very kind TripAdvisor review. We are honored to be the destination of choice for the Julie Goodnight clinics and proud that we can offer multiple levels of instruction. The family atmosphere is exactly what we are trying to deliver and I am happy to hear that this was the feeling you sensed at the C Lazy U. I am pleased to hear that you’ve made plans to return and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Went to ride horses on our 19th wedding anniversary. Perfect weather, horses were great, staff was great, food was really good. Great for kids of all ages. Absolutely no complaints. We'll be back. Next time with the kids.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Mike & Mindi,

Thank you for choosing the C Lazy U Ranch to celebrate such an important milestone in your life. I think you may enjoy your next visit even more, when you see how much fun your kids are having. We look forward to seeing you then and hope to help you celebrate your 20th anniversary!

Until then,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed for 5 days over Labor Day Weekend and couldn't have had a better time. I rarely use this word, but C Lazy U was "perfect" in so many ways. It was a perfect blend of high quality accommodations, 5-star food quality and selection, friendly/helpful wranglers, breadth of activities, organized events (busy, without feeling rushed). Every last detail was attended to, which exemplifies the feeling of a generous and hospitable owner who is inviting you to their home as guests. Also, the "family feel" of the place helped foster new friendships among the parents and among the kids.

Only suggestion - although the ranch can accommodate very young children, I think you get the best overall experience when your kids are old enough to participate more independently (~7-8 years old). I thought my kids ages (12, 11, and 8) were absolutely the perfect ages to be there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MaxxusD

Dear Maxxus,

Thank you for your thoughtful review after your visit to the ranch last weekend. I am honored that you would describe your visit as perfect and want you to know we pride ourselves on always being in a state of learning and improving. We are very proud of the team: After all, it is really the quality of the people that build the culture of the ranch. Just a point of clarification, our kids’ programs has 3 categories; Cowpokes (children aged 3 – 5), Mustangs (kids aged 6 – 12) and teens (13 and older) and each program has dedicated counselors who truly love their jobs and work to create a fun, safe and fulfilling experience.

I hope to see back again soon at the C Lazy U Ranch.