All reviews trap shooting ropes course skeet shooting horseback riding family vacation kids program corporate retreat new friends fly fishing the barn talent show head wrangler hatchet throwing other guests per day wood burning fireplace activities including
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The team at C-Lazy-U know what you're looking for when you stay with them as a family or as a group of friends. Great horseback riding whether you're an experienced rider and want to explore rigorous terrain or whether you want the horse to take gentle meadows only! Kids go with kids and cowhands.... adults go with adults.... it works, truly, and everyone gets back together at the end of the day to share great stories.

The food is terrific and the spa time is really a treat.

Glamping is also available....

Flyfishing is also something to add to your itinerary, whether you hire a guide (we did) and go off-property for hikes and wade-fishing, or just get some good practice fly-casting on the pond on the property.

Be sure to catch the horses coming being let out at night or coming in early in the morning... it's a treat to see (and hear, as they whinny and gallop into or out of the ranch!).

Try rassling up some cows.... we did that as well, and it's a hoot!

So sign-up for the C-Lazy-U and you'll start a tradition, a good tradition of crazy stories, great skits (those crazy counselors!), fun experiences memorie, and fun skills (how often do you get to try your hand at being in a rodeo?) that turn into the best family memories!

Room tip: Ask for rooms with good sunlight, and decide what you like.... a short walk to the horses in the morning or a short walk to breakfast!!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Dear 2beans,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review. Your comments really articulate the wide variety of activities available at the C Lazy U. We truly have something for everyone and the defining characteristic is the sincere team of hospitality professionals dedicated to exceeding expectations. The ranch is truly the perfect destination to share quality time with family, to get back to the basics of wholesome and healthy activities and for children to build confidence while learning the key skills of horseback riding. Thank you for your comprehensive review - we hope to see your family return again and again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I brought my son here for his 13th birthday. Just he and I. I can not say enough great things about our trip. My son is still talking about the ranch to people.
From the moment we stepped on the property we had immediate attention. The ranch pairs you up with a horse for the week by experience. We are not horse people by any means but by the end of the trip we were loping all over the trails. My son loved the teen trail rides and the counselors were amazing.
While my son was enjoying some teen rides, I was able to do wine tasting with Shelby. Her passion and experience with wine was exceptional. Trying wines that are impossible to find and rare.
I also got a fabulous message.
My son and I scheduled an off site fly fishing trip with Maddie. She was darling and my son was in awe the whole trip with her inner and outer beauty. I caught several brown trout on this trip.
We also shot skeet. Which I was horrible at but my son loved it and was hitting clays left and right.
The food was high end and delish.
The accommodations were perfect. We had a cozy little cabin. It was quiet and a short walk to everything.
I could go on and on. I really don't have anything negative I can come up with other than the snow storm we encountered in the mountains on the way there. We left Denver airport and it was 72 and it dropped to 31 with 2 inches of snow. Yikes.

I have been begging my family to have a reunion here. It's an amazing place like no where else I have been. No television. Just the amazing outdoors.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear 10SmomOf3,

Thank you for your kind and comprehensive review. The month of May can definitely be an interesting time of year in Colorado from a weather standpoint and the ranch has activities to fit all seasons! It sounds like your mother-son trip was a very well rounded experience with a lot of activities included. We could not be more proud of our fly-fishing guide Maddie, who has recently been featured in Men’s Health Magazine and in a cover story in Denver Life Magazine. She is a wonderful lady who is happiest when her clients are catching fish. Our Sommelier, Shelby is another passionate person who is happiest when you have a new and exciting glass of wine in your hand. The ranch is a spectacular destination and it is the personalities such as Maddie and Shelby who make it unique. I hope to see you return soon with a family reunion. We do many of those every year with great success.

Thank you for sharing such great photos of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 July 2016

We spent the 4th July week again on the ranch and we had such a good time. The natural beauty, the quality and friendliness is so good!! We loved every day! All of us were very satisfied with the quality of the horses and the daily rides.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Lars,

Thank you very kindly for your review of the C Lazy U Ranch. We really enjoyed having your family here all the way from Sweden and the Maldives! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and give you a worthwhile western vacation experience. We love to celebrate our international visitors and I keep the flags of over 50 countries available so we can celebrate foreign guests with a nod to their home country on our flag pole. We really enjoyed getting to know your family and I hope you will return again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I just spent a week at the C Lazy U with my three kids (9, 8 and 5) and have already made reservations for next year. Great staff, wonderful facility and fun things to do from morning to night. My kids were able to run free with no fears. They made many friends, kept busy all day and were exhausted every night. I met many nice adults and had a blast riding. The food and wine are all great.

Room tip: Nearest to the lodge.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Dear CR,

Thank you for your kind TripAdvisor review. I think you’ve touched on the key component that distinguishes C Lazy U Ranch from many others. I believe the caliber of our children’s counselors and the schedule of activities that they deliver is unsurpassed. Our counselors keep children entertained with age appropriate and wholesome activities that allow parents to have a fulfilling vacation of their own. We are very proud of our program and work diligently to provide new and unique enhancements each year.

I hope we’ll see your family return again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We spent a week at the Colorado C Lazy U Ranch with my family of 14, ages 2-73. The C Lazy U ranch has beautiful views and accommodations. The staff is the BEST! After spending a week at the ranch it is hard to go back to your typical days. The staff knows you by name and spoil you by helping in anyway they can. The food is five star and the desserts were to die for! I went horseback riding each day and developed a great relationship with my horse throughout the week. The kids' programs were well run, as were all the activities for adults . The attention to detail in everything the C Lazy U Ranch does is incredible. If you want a family vacation you will never forget, C Lazy U Ranch is the place for you!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CLazyURanch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for kind comments after your recent visit to the C Lazy U Ranch. We absolutely pride ourselves on the details and I am glad you noticed the results of our efforts. We take great pride in identifying the most highly qualified service professionals and ensuring they have the drive to exceed expectations. I believe it is the character of our team that makes the difference in the quality of our guest’s vacation. Thank you for noticing – I hope to see you back at the C Lazy U very soon.