All reviews an extended stay hotel washers and dryers front desk stocked pantry cooking facilities small kitchenette pots pans king size full kitchen tv channels stayed here for one night clean towels laundry room location is excellent would stay again needed a place to stay restaurants in the area
Reviewed 7 September 2018

While these are suites and obviously designed for business travelers/ extended stay guests, we stayed only one night on a couple occasions we booked. As other reviewers noted, it's surprisingly convenient to downtown (15 min drive) and much cheaper than staying in downtonwn Denver. The parking is free and plentiful. It is also convenient to Morrison/ Red Rocks, perhaps 10 minute drive. The rooms were clean and quiet both times we stayed this summer. The front desk staff is excellent. If you join their lodging "club" you can check in early and check out late (NOON is awesome) depending on room availability. If you are planning an extended stay, the kitchen is a great feature to cook for yourself if you are on a budget. If not, there are several good restaurants in the area-- we eat at Durbar, excellent Indian food. I think this is a great value for the rate and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are going to be quieter, surprisingly little traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

It was compact, felt similar to an office, but still fit in a full fridge, bed & desk area. I think it would be great for a business traveler. The hallway had a strong cleaning supply/laundry smell, but luckily we were attending a yoga retreat & were only there to sleep. The staff was friendly & the room was clean

Room Tip: Try not to be near the laundry area
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hi davidvgonz,

I welcome your thoughts and thank you for making us a part of your trip to Denver. We are grateful that you chose the Candlewood Suites.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Although I appreciate the kind words you said about our staff and perfect ratings you left us with in terms of the sleep quality and cleanliness, I'm sorry that other aspects of your stay weren't the same. I read that you found the room to be too tight and could use more space to make it more comfortable. I also came across your insights about how the hallways smelled. Yes, we are an extended stay hotel that caters mostly for business travelers but would not forget travelers stopping by to get a rest for the night. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be, davidvgonz.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and map ways to improve what we provide. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Having you back in the future will be the greatest reward we can ever ask and I am positive to make it better.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Although this is an extended stay hotel, it was a good value for our two-night stay. Rooms are clean and spacious. There is a fitness room and a snack room. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the location is excellent for interstate access and nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ProfDallas
Reviewed 21 July 2018

My daughter moved to Denver so I needed a place to stay for a few days while we got her settled. I was looking for a suite type room because I knew we needed microwave's etc since we would be there awhile.
Pros: good size rooms, clean, comfortable beds, staff friendly, priced fairly
Cons: no cleaning of rooms daily or at all while we were there, you have to empty your own trash, if you want clean towels you exchange them at the front desk. When we checked in our room had no amenities- toilet paper, shampoo nothing. Then I go to make tea and there was an old coffee filter in the pot from old guest. If you want more amenities you again keep going to the desk and ask for more.
I feel if I am paying hotel rates I should get some of the perks as other hotels provide.
Clean my room and provide me with amenities that I do not need to go and get.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank emmaretto
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The front desk was extremely helpful allowing me to check in early my day of arrival. I appreciated that after traveling the day before and that morning. I highly recommend this motel for it's comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo