US$ 153
CandlewoodSuites
US$ 227
US$ 214
AscendHotels
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
Residence Inn
US$ 148
US$ 133
TownePlace Suites
US$ 160
Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 134
Hotels.com
Eldora Lodge(Golden)
US$ 167
The Dove Inn(Golden)
US$ 192
All reviewsthe concierge loungeoutdoor poolred rocksbreakfast buffetwhole foodsper nightroom servicenice propertyfire pitshopping and restaurantsbusiness tripnice stayoff the highwayexercise roomconvenient locationeasy accessbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 10 May 2018

I am generally underwhelmed by the Marriott Hotels & Resorts brand, but this property has moved me down a notch into the "I just don't like Marriott Hotels at all" category.

The hotel is convenient for lots of corporate parks (the reason I am here), so is probably very profitable -- but I just do not see that the owners are investing back into the room product at all. There is nothing terrible, just a whole lot of "meh" that adds up to a poor experience overall:

-- Mattress and pillows are pretty poor quality, so I have yet to get a decent night's sleep, and wake up each day with a stiff neck and back pain;
-- Room has a musty smell, which has been the case for all of my work associates who are alson staying here at the property;
-- Furnishings and fixtures are chipped and dated - particularly in the Bath;
-- Fitness room is very small for a 300 room property - 3 treadmills, 4 Ellipticals, only One multi-purpose resistance machine, and then a full rack of free weights) - I have already been down twice today and have not been able to find a free machine (am still on property);
--TV remote is broken;
--Closet is too narrow - so the Ironing board sticks out as well as Clothing on Hangars;
--Pretty clean overall - but vents are hanging off the wall, and there is a painting in the bath that's splattered with somethig (toothepaste I am hoping).

Public spaces, staff, room service, restaurant and lounge were all very good - but I typically do a fair amount of work in the room, and obviously am sleeping here -- which has not been enjoyable or comfortable at all. And I am a bit surprised at all of the glowing reviews - I just do not feel that by any stretch of the imagination that this is 5 star, Best Marriott Ever, or other raves.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Brennan C, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear ScottStPeteFL19,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, I am very sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time with us and am disappointed to hear about the cleanliness and maintenance issues in your room. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to rectify the issues that you are experiencing and ensure that the rest of your stay is challenge free. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at your convenience.

I look forward to speaking soon.

Warm regards,
Brennan Conant
Senior Manager of Room Operations
Brennan.conant@marriott.com
303-279-9100

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Bummer...I absolutely hate writing bad reviews for Marriott properties; however, I felt obligated to write this review. This hotel should not warrant the name Marriott (shame on you Marriott). It is so unbelievably dated and run down. I won’t get into all the details, but trust me when I say stay somewhere else. It’s only 25 mins from Denver where you can find great hotels. Unfortunately there is nothing positive I can say about this property—that includes checkin, restaurant, room, etc... I travel every single week on business and I can honesty say this is worst hotel I have ever stayed in. For a reference point I only stay in Marriott properties (Marriott, courtyard, former Starwood).

Stayed: May 2018
TeamMarriott, Director of Hotel Operations at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Auddy,
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and for your loyalty to the Marriott brand. We are truly sorry you were disappointed with your experience and that we did not live up to your expectations, or ours. Your feedback has been shared with our team to evaluate what changes we can make going forward to improve our services for future guests. Thank you for letting us know and we hope you will give us another chance on your next business or leisure trip to Denver to deliver the exceptional stay you should have received on this visit. Best wishes and safe travels.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Was here to visit my son in college and business trip for Denver market. Hotel is perfectly later, convenient, clean and had a wonderful stay!

Pros:
Restaurant is great and rooms are very clean!
Conveniently located with shops nearby.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Micki S,

We are delighted we exceeded your expectations for an outstanding stay at the Denver Marriott West It’s a pleasure knowing you loved your room and our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

No surprises! Marriott continues to have the same standards for all their properties! The proximity to the mountains makes an easy overnight stay flying into Denver to start a great mountain vacation. Would highly recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Donna C,

We are delighted we exceeded your expectations once again for another outstanding stay at the Denver Marriott West, and we thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Thanks for recommending us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. It is like most Marriott's. I saw one of the reviews about someone thinking it might be close to skiing. Definitely not. This is more a business, conference, red rocks event or wedding stay hotel. Pool was nice but space around it was cold, I would have liked a hot tub since the pool area was cold. Exercise room was very nice with really nice equipment with great little details such as scented towels. Hotel was convenient to chain restaurant but better if you have a car. It would be a long walk. Also convenient to shopping and NREL. Bar had a very nice feel to it with some very nice seating options. I didn't eat at the restaunt. Staff seemed attentive. It is a long walk to the rooms. I had the furthest distance to walk...now you know what it means when you request away from elevator . Room was very comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the options the hotel offers. We will share your comments about the cold pool area and lack of a hot tub. We appreciate your business and hope to see you if your travels bring you back to Golden, Colorado.