All reviews the concierge lounge outdoor pool red rocks breakfast buffet whole foods per night room service nice property fire pit shopping and restaurants business trip nice stay off the highway exercise room convenient location easy access beds were comfortable
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

No surprises! Marriott continues to have the same standards for all their properties! The proximity to the mountains makes an easy overnight stay flying into Denver to start a great mountain vacation. Would highly recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Donna C,

We are delighted we exceeded your expectations once again for another outstanding stay at the Denver Marriott West, and we thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Thanks for recommending us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Meredith Innes
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. It is like most Marriott's. I saw one of the reviews about someone thinking it might be close to skiing. Definitely not. This is more a business, conference, red rocks event or wedding stay hotel. Pool was nice but space around it was cold, I would have liked a hot tub since the pool area was cold. Exercise room was very nice with really nice equipment with great little details such as scented towels. Hotel was convenient to chain restaurant but better if you have a car. It would be a long walk. Also convenient to shopping and NREL. Bar had a very nice feel to it with some very nice seating options. I didn't eat at the restaunt. Staff seemed attentive. It is a long walk to the rooms. I had the furthest distance to walk...now you know what it means when you request away from elevator . Room was very comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the options the hotel offers. We will share your comments about the cold pool area and lack of a hot tub. We appreciate your business and hope to see you if your travels bring you back to Golden, Colorado.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

This Marriott is nicely appointed with an updated modern lobby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and decorated appropriately for Marriott. The Concierge room and attendant was especially great! I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Meredith I, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Denver Marriott West. We appreciate your kind words. I will share with our team! Kindest Regards, Meredith

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

As always. Stay at Marriott denver west was excellent. Staff goes out of the way to help you in any manner. When I was visiting. It snowed heavily and the rentsl xar didnt have a scraper. The staff gave me a complementary one for my stay.
Overall the property is nice. Rooms spacious. The in house restaurant Copper Creek offers decent dining options. Wish they had more vegetarian and chicken options though.
Lounge is nice and full of amenities that one needs.
Request a room on 6th floor if you want to be near the lounge

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Good Afternoon and thank you for your recent stay and review of the Denver Marriott West! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the snowy weather. I will also share your menu comments with the Chef. We are in the process of writing a new menu for the summer. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

A little background, I've stayed in multiple hotels ranging from Ritz-Carlton to W hotel, I choose my hotels with the intention of enjoying myself with the amenities the hotel provide. I am also a Gold Elite member.

I stayed between 19MAR-22MAR.

First problem, upon checking in, I stood over at the elite member kiosk, and a Gentlemen called me over to the non-elite member spot, now I'm not being harsh but, I was the only one in line waiting to be check in at the time. So why am I being checked in with the regular guest kiosk instead of Elite member? Slightly irritated but not a big deal, this is to tell you that Elite member is not being recognized here.

Second problem, the gentleman that checked me in seems rude for lack of a better term, imagine someone found out they were getting fired in a week and not giving .02 cent on what the customer think. His answer to my questions was basically one worded answer with a angry, irritated misdemeanor.

Third problem, when booking on the website, I specifically requested 2 rooms, high floor, 1 room with a queen and the other room with 2 double, extra pillows. The only thing that gotten fulfilled was the numbers of bed.

Fourth problem, and this is the big one for me, mislead advertising. Nearest Ski resort is 50 minutes away, yes 50! and they consider this to be nearby attraction! I wasted 2 hours of my day driving to a nearby skiing resort, there is no transportation at this hotel to any of the Ski Resort. They have a "complimentary" transportation but its only good for up to 2 miles. Downtown denver is a 25-30 min drive (to the aquarium), how is this consider as nearby attraction?

Fifth, my room is literally 2 block from the entrance, luckily I had a roller and a backpack, but I stayed in room 345 and 349 and its a walk.

Sixth problem, the fire pit that is advertise on their website...its not even set up at night! I walked out back and there were no chairs, the fire was not lit, no activities, NOTHING. There are also NO SPA here.

There are several good things about this hotel. The bar/restaurant setup seems pretty neat, its a good common area for guest. The bed was good, better than the Ambassador Hotel I had stayed in the past. Plenty of free parking. Hi-speed internet is free for Elite member, there are no free "regular" internet. The gym was "OK" the treadmill has a touchscreen that is ready to die at any moment. The pool is small, probably good for little kids.

would I recommend this hotel again? No, as a matter of fact I would even say "Hell no" there are better experience elsewhere. I come to learn that Hotels either offer extremely good complimentary or the staff is extremely accommodating, this Hotel offers none of those things, from the rude front clerk to the misleading advertisement, I would rate this a 1 if its not for the good bed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Brennan C, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear ADA187,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visit to Denver and for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite member. First and foremost, we are truly sorry you were disappointed with aspects of your stay. We understand a first impression often sets the tone for the entire visit, and we hope you will accept our apology for the issues you experienced at check-in. Our focus is on the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and we will be sure improvements are made to continue achieving this. We appreciate knowing you were satisfied with our restaurant Copper Creek and our extremely comfortable beds. Thank you again for informing us and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more enjoyable stay on your next trip to our area.

Brennan Conant