All reviews red rocks nomad restaurant cool vibe fire pit pillow menu unique layout local craft brews beer garden area tacos front desk dinosaur ridge quick weekend cozy lobby great beer selection cool hotel attending a concert stay there again
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Trendy, eye-pleasing hotel. Hotel lobby and attached Nomad restaurant are very cool-looking. Big table as the checkin desk was refreshing and welcoming. Front staff were always friendly and greeted us whenever we returned to hotel. Room was spacious, nicely decorated, big windows. Very comfy bed. Nice bedding with an awesome big grey wool blanket for extra warmth. First morning we awoke to find the coffee maker didn't work and there were sticky spots on the floor in front of the coffee area. We told front desk about this when we left for the day and coffee maker was replaced and floor wiped when we turned later. We did notice then, that there were many sticky drip spots all around the room, and sticky cups rings on the coffee table/chest in the living room. I guess the room was never really cleaned well between guests! The next day, the housekeeping staff didn't even come in and clean our room! I went down to front desk, told them and asked for toilet paper (needed immediately) and would need fresh towels, more shampoo, conditioner, etc, coffee/condiments refills, etc for the next morning.We were heading out to a concert at Red Rocks, so they had plenty of time to go in and clean while we were out for the evening. When we returned after the concert, the wastebaskets had been emptied, fresh towels placed on the bathroom countertop (not on the shelf underneath). No new supplies of toiletries or coffee and condiments. The next day, housekeeping came, and did all the usual (still no cleaning of the floor, or the rings on the coffee table) but did not give us the condiment pkg for the coffee. I think housekeeping needs to brush up on how to do a proper cleaning and refilling of items in the room. This very nice hotel, will soon get grubby and dirty if they don't thoroughly clean it all the time!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy L
CharlieS2410, General Manager at Origin Hotel Red Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi Wendy L,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of your Origin Experience.

While it seems we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay, we fell short in our Housekeeping department and for that, I apologize. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire Tribe in hopes of fixing some of the items that came up during your time with us.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

General Manger

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Origin Hotel has only been opened for about 2 months. We stayed at this hotel because it was close to a concert we were attending at Red Rocks. The hotel is very cool with it's decor, which is all about music. When you walk in to the lobby, the front desk is very unassuming, which fits with the beautiful surroundings. To the right of the front desk is a small gift shop with fun t-shirts, ball caps, etc. To the left is a great bar/restaurant, called Nomad!! There is a large outdoor area where you can hang out, have a drink or eat, and relax or play one of a couple outdoor games, including a large jenga! There's a fire pit at the far corner and it is on 24/7! The rooms are very nice and roomy. The bathroom is a great size too. Because the hotel is basically brand new, they did have one glitch during our stay. There was no hot water on one of the days we stayed. They worked hard to resolve the issue and compensated all the guests for the inconvenience. Honestly, that speaks volumes about how this hotel is run. Issues will happen, but how you respond to resolve those issues is what really counts. And the hotel management shined in that aspect!! Cory, Vinny, Jordan and Marissa made our stay awesome! They were friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed...drinks, food, late checkout!! If I make it back out to Golden, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!! Highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: Rooms on the north side have a view of the hills, we saw several elk running in the hills one day.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CharlieS2410, General Manager at Origin Hotel Red Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hi Navigate793348!

Thank again for taking the time to write a stellar review on your Origin Experience!

Once again, I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations in both Nomad and on the Origin hotel side. We've already given that special recognition to the Tribe members that went above and beyond and they beamed with Origin pride.

We all look forward to your next stay with us but if there is anything I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We enjoyed the unique layout of this hotel ... where we enjoyed the bar and food (try the Brussels sprouts -- uniquely crispy). We also took advantage of the shuttle to the Red Rock concern which was very convenient (make sure to ask the driver where to meet after the concert --- it was not obvious). The room had a nice layout and was very quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CharlieS2410, General Manager at Origin Hotel Red Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Hankwisco!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your Origin Experience!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations, from our unique layout and the super tasty brussels sprouts they dish up in Nomad.

I look forward to sharing all of your comments with the Tribe and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please feel free to reach out to me directly at any time.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Last minute reservation for us. Staff was fantastic--easy to tell they liked working there. Food was good and bar service great. Rooms very comfortable and modern. Great location for Red Rocks or anyone looking for a stopping point while traveling into the mountains. We will definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CharlieS2410, General Manager at Origin Hotel Red Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi Bill S!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review of your Origin Experience!

I'm thrilled to hear that your last minute decision to stay with us was met with our fantastic tribe members, wonderful food in Nomad and that our rooms were comfortable and modern.

We look forward to your next stay as well and if there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

First the Good- beautiful interior fireplaces and comfy chairs. The restaurant is absolutely fabulous, and the rooms are well equipped and comfy with nice little added touches frogs,water, lots of space, very quiet and clean. You can’t beat their prices either incredibly cheap to stay here for all the wonderful amenities. Where they fall short is the check in processes. Totally disorganized, one small desk at check in they just use iPads which everyone is trying to get on. When we went to ck out in the morning no one was at the front desk. Weird no bell nothing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CharlieS2410, General Manager at Origin Hotel Red Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi suzieFortCollins!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your Origin Experience!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that our little touches were what made it memorable. I am sorry to hear about your experience though at our front office. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the Tribe members.

We all look forward to your next visit with us and if there is anything I can assist you with for those future reservations, please feel free to reach out to me directly at any time.