“Great getaway to Glenwood Springs”

Silver Spruce Motel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I spent three nights there in the corner suite with the fireplace. It was charming and warm. There was a sitting area and a gas fireplace. We loved our time in Glenwood Springs and would recommend this motel for anyone. It was in walking distance of downtown and the wonderful brew pub there. The management was very friendly and took great pains to keep the grounds free of snow. The hot tubs was incredible downtown!

Sharon and Fred

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharan57

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed for 2 weeks and the desk staff owners) are unpleasant people and treat their guests like dirt. Their WiFi signal is not strong enough to cater to all of their guests and every night it's impossible to get online...they reassure that they are upgrading but it's all lies.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Brock B
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the spruce last week because I was moving and they closed I70.
When I checked in the guy asked smoking or not. I wanted non smoking.

What you don't know until you get your room is smoking rooms are right next to non so your room stinks and fills up with smoke as your neighbors endulge.

The rooms are old and not updated other than 'maybe' the beds. Overall I give the cleanliness a D-.

NOT pet friendly. If you have a pet you get a 'pet' room, which I didn't know about and was never mentioned to because the clerk was so hung up on the no smoking policy, (there is a sign which was pointed out to me that had a plant in front of it..)
which again, did not matter because it come right through the walls.

If you happen to get stuck and they call you in your room demanding you pay $100 for your pet to stay here. Its so they can, and I quote, "strip the beds and clean the comforters!"
I did not even want to know how often they do not do this. Yuck.

Breakfast is average...waffle and old bagels.
I will never stay here and wanted to share my miserable experience to save you the hassle. Glenwood is beautiful and there is a lot to do. Don't ruin your trip by staying here.

Lastly, Heating is not good in the rooms, no coffee (there is a mr coffee pot for some reason) and not even a travel shampoo bottle....
Enjoy Glenwood, I would skip the spruce....

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank BGinCO
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We have stayed at the Silver Spruce several times over the years. Our stays have been for one night in January on our way to Aspen. The staff could not be more accommodating. If you come in on Amtrak they will meet you at the train station. On our last visit in January 2012, they even upgraded us to a larger room because we had a lot of luggage. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and well equipped with a microwave, fridge and coffee pot. The breakfast is the best I have ever had at a budget motel--wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereal and sweets. The location is great--only a short walk downtown and to the Hot Springs. We have stayed at other places in Glenwood Springs and paid a lot more money for less. We will be returning to the Silver Spruce!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OnLineBargainHunter
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nice hotel with big rooms (for the price). Close to tram, springs and downtown.
Breakfast was good and stuff was nice and helpfull. Hotel was clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family