“Great place to stay”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed here for a week. Beds are firmer than my personal preference--but still quite comfortable. Room was cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. Breakfast was good--biscuits and gravy, cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, pastry, waffles and bagels. The staff was helpful and attentive--excellent service. We stayed in a double room with fridge and microwave. A friend had the "pent house" which was like a small apartment--two bedrooms, living/dining area, full kitchen and fireplace. They greatly enjoyed their stay as well. Several restaurants are located within a 10 minute walk. The Glenwood Springs pool and access to the tram to Adventure park are also close by.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelsie05
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My children and 2 of their friends stayed her 7/18-20 because of it's low rates and ability to accomodate 5 people with a kitchen. When I made my reservation and told the person that there would be 1 adult and 4 children in the room, her response was "who did that to you". When I called a few days before to verify the accomodations and asked how many the unit slept, her response was "I hate that question." When we arrived I mentioned that I detected the smell of cigarette smoke in the Lobby and wanted to make sure our room was non-smoking. Her response was "no one smokes in the office, except for 1 person and she's off for the the next 2 days and isn't even that heavy a smoker." Our unit had 2 small bedrooms without nightstand or any drawers and no closet doors and a living room/kitchen combo with a sofa sleeper. It was extremely hot in the unit at 6:30 pm, as it was in the 90's that day, however none of the windows had screens and some of them didn't open and the small air conditioner never cooled down the bedrooms. I was assured that the kitchen was "fully stocked" with pots, pans, silverware, etc. There was a single frying pan, no bowls, no pots and enough silverware for 3 people. The refrigerator was set at 1 when we arrived and was finally cool enough to put our food in when we left. The hairdryer was broken, the toilet didn't flush consistently, we were given 3 towels for 5 people and not all of them were clean, there were screws sticking out of the floor, there were cigarette burns in the sofa, the sofabed mattress was torn and so thin you may as well slept of the bare metal. All these things were discovered after the office was closed. When I checked out, I gave the front desk person a list of the repairs and wasn't offered an apology let alone a discount. I was so flustered that it didn't occur to me that I never received a receipt for the room charge. I orginally thought it was a good deal, but that wasn't the case.

Room Tip: Front of hotel faces busy street and back faces highway. Not all the windows open and none of them h...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank cotraveler1125

Travellers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Small room but nicely done and clean. Biscuits and gravy breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DenTraveler11
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Checked in on a Saturday July 2nd. Turned the AC on and left for dinner. We were back to find out that the room wasnt cool enough (it was in the 90s that day). Room was so hot and stuffy with no ventilation. Called the reception, the lady came in and pointed out that the window was left open as if it was something we did wrong! Either the cleaning staff or previous occupant left it open. After an hour we found that the room was still hot (felt like we're in an oven). Called the service lady again and then she mentioned that the AC unit was not totally functional, she was hopeful that the room would eventually cool down. By mid-night the room was still as hot as 3 hours ago. She basically said we have to deal with this that night since she had no other rooms were available. Asked her if she had a portable room cooler. No! Finally after some pleading she arranged for 2 pedestal fans.
The next morning the owner came and promised the AC unit will be replaced. I asked for another room. But he insisted the new AC unit will be in place by the time we came in that evening.
We came in to find out that the room was still warm, AC unit not replaced! When we inquired we were told that the thermostat was "stuck" and should now be working fine. No, it wasnt working!!
Finally we charged in to the front desk and demanded another room, and got the keys to another room.
The second room had a fully functional AC.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I made a reservation for the 23rd, 24th and the 25th over a month ago. I recieved a phone call two day before the arrival date from the hotel to let me know that they overbooked the hotel and if i wanted to move my reservation to another hotel. Do i need to say how mad i was i told her NO!!!! and she was still insisting. After a lot of phone calls I finally found a hotel who had rooms availabe and canceled my reservations with silver spruce. Beware people bad work ethics.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family