“Very clean place to stay at” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hanging Lake Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Lockport, Illinois
“Very clean place to stay at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We received great service, all our questions were answered and all the recommendations were great. Our room was very clean and in this economy it is a great place to stay for a great price. In the morning we would go into the office and they had juice,coffee,Danishes and bagels to choose from.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 913MoniaD
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Ok, so I can be a little bit of a germaphobe in hotel rooms. I was a little bit scared to stay at this hotel/motel, but truly, overall reviewers were right. The rooms were so clean. Because the hotel property used to be smoker-friendly, our clothes did smell pretty heavily of smoke when we left, and it was hard for my allergy baby to sleep (made her stuffy). We appreciated the microwave, clean shower, and clean, white bed linens. Breakfast was pretty good, and despite reviews of unfriendly staff, we were greeted with smiles and pleasant attitudes. I didn't mind the sound of the wall unit heater at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a two bed room if you need it. We did priceline and were given a room with onl...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a case of getting what you pay for.

We requested a triple share room. The foldup bed was there, but there was no space to open up the bed, so I slept on the couch instead and shoved the bed away. Being a short person, it was sufficient. But an average American would not be happy sleeping on it.

The room was clean though, very clean.

As for service, you won't get the best. There is a grandson (maybe 2 years old) who likes to run around pants-less, the mother who is clearly from some European country and the daughter who runs the place whom I never saw. And they converse quite roughly in their mother tongue. You'd think they hate each other, but it's really just a cultural difference.

There is a small kitchenette in the room. Quite well thought out. It has a proper sink, drying area, microwave, cupboards.

The breakfast room is tiny and clearly inadequate, frequently out of food and juice. It's better to take your food and eat it at the small table and chair outside your room door. The view is better from there too.

All in all, it was one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed in. Run with a kind of utilitarian Ukrainian/Croatian efficiency. So, despite the shortcomings, the lack of bedside manner, so to speak, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

great indoor heating system except for the noise. had to turn it to get a good sleep. easy to find and with clean sheets. you cannot ask more for this price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

A friend stayed at this inexpensive motel a few years ago and just raved about it. I am a woman who was traveling alone over Halloween weekend. When I called to place my reservation, I asked if someone would be at the motel when I arrived late. The person I placed the reservation with said there definitely would be. Wrong! I arrived at 1030pm to find my key and receipt taped to the manager's door! That isn't safe!! I used my key for the room reserved only to find that someone else was in there!!! They pushed back on the door (thank God!) and motioned out the window that the room was obviously occupied. People get beat up or shot for intruding on a room in the middle of the night! I called the after hours number three times and no one answered. I wound up staying at The Hampton Inn down the street. Wonderful service and plenty of empathy for what happened to me. The next day, I stopped in and spoke with the girl at the front desk. She took a copy of the receipt for my more expensive hotel, as I said that the owner could make things right by refunding me the price of the alternate hotel. No luck. I've called several times and the woman who answers the phone, who claims to be the owner's mother, keeps giving me a different story every time I call. The owner has my telephone number and information and will call me back on Monday... By Friday the following week, still no returned phone call... The owner had a family emergency... The owner was in Mexico... The owner is in Illinois until Monday... The owner is in Illinois and unreachable by phone until Thanksgiving... DON'T STAY HERE. The front desk girl looked like she had had a hard night of partying when I dropped in the day after I had no place to stay. She said they "had a new girl running the motel that night" and still couldn't figure out who they put in my room. Spend a little more dough and stay somewhere down the road. They've obviously dropped the ball and have allowed me to leave this review (owner's mom agreed) RATHER THAN refund me another $60 for a very scary experience on top of a huge inconvenience. Ick.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business