“They're horrible and they just don't care” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanging Lake Inn

Hanging Lake Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver
“They're horrible and they just don't care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

A friend stayed at this inexpensive motel a few years ago and just raved about it. I am a woman who was traveling alone over Halloween weekend. When I called to place my reservation, I asked if someone would be at the motel when I arrived late. The person I placed the reservation with said there definitely would be. Wrong! I arrived at 1030pm to find my key and receipt taped to the manager's door! That isn't safe!! I used my key for the room reserved only to find that someone else was in there!!! They pushed back on the door (thank God!) and motioned out the window that the room was obviously occupied. People get beat up or shot for intruding on a room in the middle of the night! I called the after hours number three times and no one answered. I wound up staying at The Hampton Inn down the street. Wonderful service and plenty of empathy for what happened to me. The next day, I stopped in and spoke with the girl at the front desk. She took a copy of the receipt for my more expensive hotel, as I said that the owner could make things right by refunding me the price of the alternate hotel. No luck. I've called several times and the woman who answers the phone, who claims to be the owner's mother, keeps giving me a different story every time I call. The owner has my telephone number and information and will call me back on Monday... By Friday the following week, still no returned phone call... The owner had a family emergency... The owner was in Mexico... The owner is in Illinois until Monday... The owner is in Illinois and unreachable by phone until Thanksgiving... DON'T STAY HERE. The front desk girl looked like she had had a hard night of partying when I dropped in the day after I had no place to stay. She said they "had a new girl running the motel that night" and still couldn't figure out who they put in my room. Spend a little more dough and stay somewhere down the road. They've obviously dropped the ball and have allowed me to leave this review (owner's mom agreed) RATHER THAN refund me another $60 for a very scary experience on top of a huge inconvenience. Ick.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank ZenTravelerTales
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Golden, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

1/We arrived october 26th around 3 pm. At the front desk the woman just has asked us without any smile 'do you want something?'! We got the key but no other detail concerning the wifi the breakfast (location hours) check out ?
2/ We went back to the front desk to ask for an additional blanket. She told us(without any smile again) that she will see. When we asked when I may expect the blanket she answered '15 minutes'.
3/ 30 minutes later no blanket no wifi thus I went back to the desk. We told her that we think that she forgot to give us the information about breakfast and wifi. For the breakfast she gave us some examples of what material we should find (i.e. waffles) but again forgot to tell us the schedule so that I had to specify 'yes but when'?. Afterwards I asked 'what about the wifi?' and she answered 'yes we have!'. But did not give any more specific information so that we had to insist telling specifically 'could you give us the password please?'.
You won't believe it she asked us 'do you really want it?'!!! Each information was so difficult to obtain!!
By the way the blanket was still not there.
4/ Next morning is the crux! As you see in the joint file our reservation includes breakfast. The breakfast time should run from 7 to 9 am. So we went to the office at 8:15 am. The office was closed! Nobody was at the front desk. We knocked long time at the door we couldn't believe it!
We checked the whole building just in case it would have been in another room but nothing.
Afterwards I rang the bell during 2 minutes. Finally the same woman as the previous day came out: she was dressed in pajamas hair not coiffed and she opened the door yawning telling 'what do you want?'!!!!!!
Of course no breakfast was ready! We had to do the coffee by ourselves. By the way no juice was available no bread?. Only dry stale waffles and jam hard as a rock so that you could break your teeth.
Finally she called someone by phone. When she came back she told us that she will give us a refund. 15minutes later she came back again telling us that there will be finally no refund. All this time we don't see her manager whereas we asked for it.

Thus as a conclusion we have never seen such unacceptable bad service such unfriendly non-professional non-efficient person in a hotel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank chris a
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Loved our bed with fluffy comforter. We expected noisy flushing toilets after giggling reading another review. We didn't hear any toilets but we had our fan running. We had a one bed room on the 2nd floor which might have helped keep things quiet. Our room was immaculate and newly remodeled. The price was cheap. We were so excited...we just wish we could find rooms like this everywhere!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

When I checked in I noticed the sheets were dirty, reeked of cigarette smoke, no one answered phone in office. There is no safety chain on the door or safety features, No staff around. Cheap price but bad neighborhood. I was physically ill when I left from the cigarette smoke. All the desk clerk wanted to do was argue. I am truly sorry I wasted money here. Read these reviews and wake up owners this place is a DUMP. Definately protect your family by avoiding this place. Couples yeah by the hour.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay where it is clean & safe.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank elmer m
North Branch, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Great place if you need a place to sleep. The beds are extremely comfortable, room was very clean. Close to several attractions, altough it is a busy road to get out on. The view wasn't great, table and chairs outside room had stairway and large bushed that obstructed the view. Oh well. Disappointed in the "deluxe" continental breakfast...a few hard rolls, a couple unthawed Eggo waffles, and cold coffee. We went out to eat! Rosi's Bavarian for breakfast...expensive, overpriced in relation to quality. The Hot Springs Pool was awesome tho, and worth our trek to Glenwood Springs to check it out!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends