“Great for your wallet and a good place to stay”
Review of Caravan Inn

Caravan Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Colorado
“Great for your wallet and a good place to stay”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The pricing is very decent! My boyfriend and I went up for a weekend to the hot pools and we are on a very tight budget, the hotel was a typical hotel room (bed, tv, phone, bathroom, etc.) We were able to get a good night sleep with no distractions, the room was perfect for the two of us, plenty of space. I was not expecting a night at the Hilton becuase that is not what we looked into, Caravan Inn was a pleasant hotel that I would recommend staying in while in Glenwood Springs - it was not too old so the rooms were not falling apart. We brought our own food so we weren't spending as much money however we did eat their breakfast and yes it was a bit on the cheap side but it provides enough food for you to eat and then get on with your travels and again we were not at a hilton so a 5 course meal was not on the menu. The hotel staff was amazingly nice!! We had never had such great customer service, this woman who was the hotel assistant the whole weekend was so great and helpful and nice, she definitely made our trip worthwhile! The staff was very informative and knew what they were talking about and were able to accomodate our needs without a sweat!! It was a great beautiful weekend and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For heat you just want to use the thermostat, the venting system is just for A/C.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is a decent cheap option but not the best place I've stayed. We got off to an iffy start when there were some sketchy characters wandering around the parking lot, and we found someone's leftover KFC in the mini-fridge. The room was also old-looking. But it was clean, good-sized and relatively comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was decent (they even kept it open for us when we arrived a little late). I don't think I'd want to make an extended stay there, but it was fine as an overnight stop. Not really walkable to downtown but it's a short drive and there are supermarkets and a park nearby.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to stay on the first floor with all the sketchy people around.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that your stay was clean & comfortable with the exception of someone's leftovers in the mini fridge which is not acceptable and has been discussed with my staff. I do believe that you may have been referring to the construction workers who are working on Valley View Hospital's new Cancer Center. In any case, we do monitor our property to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests. Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you on your next trip to Glenwood.

Barbara Hille
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Non-smoking room smelled like mold and stale cigarettes. Dead decomposing insect in smelly towels. A/C filter filthy. Black greasy fingerprints everywhere. Cheap breakfast. Beautiful town. Stay in a nicer place.

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank S F
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry your stay with us was not to standard. We take pride in our property as you can see from the majority of our tripadvisor reviews but in your case we failed. I'm very sorry and grateful for your feedback. It allows us to correct and prevent the housekeeping issue. Again, thank you.
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed at the Caravan Inn while my son was hospitalized in Glenwood Springs. I needed to have our dog with me, and the Caravan was more than accommodating. I had a room with a parking spot right next to the door, which is fantastic when traveling with a pet. I understand their pet rooms are limited, so it is probably wise to book in advance if you have a pet with you. The room was comfortable and very clean. It is a motel, and thus has a "motel feel," but not in a bad way. With the high prices in the mountains, this is an excellent value. The property is clearly well-maintained, and the staff friendly. I got the sense it is a family-run property. They go above and beyond what you find at a chain motel. Even the breakfast in the morning had a little "extra." I can see myself becoming a 'frequent flyer' here while my son recuperates.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the back with their own parking spots.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Modesto
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised in discovering this hotel without previewing Trip Advisor reviews. We just happened to drive buy the location, which is a mile off of I-70 on the main street of the town.
The architecture looks like the hotel was built in the 1970's. Even so, it has been remodeled, so the public areas look modern.
The room was very clean and has amenities of upscale hotels such as a safe, microwave and refrigerator. The decor was bland--no pictures. But hey, it is just a place to sleep. The TV had lots of my favorite channels to choose from. The bed was comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep.
The service was really great. At 10 PM, I called the office to report that the smoke alarm was beeping to signal a low battery. The friendly desk clerk showed up at my door within 5 minutes to install a new battery.
Breakfast was above average for a continental breakfast. There was sausage, eggs, cereal, bagels, packaged pastries, juices and fruit. There may also have been other choices that I did not notice.
The cost of the room on AARP was $69 plus tax, a real bargain for a Friday night in the summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business