“Good hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Good hotel in great location”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I traveled with my husband this past weekend to Glenwood Springs, CO. I booked our two night stay at the Glenwood Suites. The staff were amazing, professional, courteous and just down right good folks. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What made our stay even nicer was the fact that the hotel is located right across the street from the river. My husband and I took a few walks by the river and also had a room on the top floor with a balcony facing the river. Also each morning the hotel provided hot breakfast which was very good, included waffles, eggs, sausage and an assortment of hot/cold cereals, pastries , juices and coffee. Later in the day the hotel provided complimentary snacks and beverages. I highly recommend that if you're planning a trip to Glenwood Springs that you stay at the Glenwood Suites. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I travel a great deal for work and personal and have never written a review. But after this stay I was compelled to write one. After reading other reviews I booked our Spring Break here. The air conditioning did not work for 2 nights out of 3 dispite multiple calls on the issue. Housekeeping did not refill coffee, shampoo or soaps. The stay included breakfast but food ran out 45 minutes before breakfast was supposed to end. Booked the pool package but no pool passes available. I was told my room rate would be discounted. Upon check out I was not asked how my stay was but instead was told I would be charged a much higher rate per night than the first two nights for adding a night. I think this could be a nice hotel but they were at capacity for spring break and not equipped to manage it.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay closer to the hot springs if that is part of your trip even if you have...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sukitravels
bloke11
Reviewed 31 January 2012

On the trip to Vail, CO; we stopped at Glenwood Springs' Glenwood Suite since we could not drive any more. What we found was a gem of city (hot springs, beautiful western town with history - Doc Holiday lived here) and a hotel where we slept like a baby.

Great Mattress...
Clean and Big Room...
Great staff service...

We kept coming back since we paid three or four times as much elsewhere (Vail, CO) and could not find anywhere else where we slept like a baby. What else can you ask for.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bloke11
orlando
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The staff at this hotel was very kind, courteous, hospitable, and professional! Room was large and very comfortable with very comfortable beds! Great breakfast offered including eggs, and meats...Location of hotel is only about an hour and a half from Aspen and Snowmass. Great location, near town. Highly Recommend!! Hotel is also close to Glenwood Springs Caverns...something you cannot miss and must see to believe! They are beautiful! And if you have time, we recommend you visit the little town of Glenwood Springs and "Hotel Colorado", which has much history, including where president's such as Howard and Roosevelt stayed, and the famous Molly Brown from Titanic, and Doc Holiday, etc. It has much history to offer...we suggest if you have time, ask for a tour of the hotel. Also, ask about the history of the cross on the hill, seen in the night!

Room Tip: All are nice rooms!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
spanish fork, ut
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I Googled hotels in Glenwood Springs and happened upon this hotel. The photos of the pool area drew me to it immediately. I looked up prices and almost booked online, but decided to call the hotel directly. Solomon was so friendly and didn't even laugh when I asked silly questions, like if there was a separate admission fee to the pool, lol. (From the photos online it looked like a mini-water park, and I wanted to be sure there were no surprise costs.) Really the phone call sealed the deal for us due to the friendly customer service Solomon offered. The three days & two nights we stayed went much the same- I felt like a valued guest and was treated like one.

My children (ages 7, 5, and 3) looooooved the pool. It was a teensy bit chilly for me but they didn't care. They have a large hot tub that children are welcome in as well, so they spent a lot of time hopping back and forth while I watched from the hot tub. The waterslide & pool kept them entertained for hours.

The room was very spacious for a "double queen" with a pull-out sofa bed. Lots of floor space. Good bathroom size, too. Though the room wasn't luxurious, it was immaculately clean which means everything! You know what I'm talking about: one gross clue of sloppy housekeeping is likely to ruin your stay, even in a 5-star accommodation.

We loved the Adventure Cavern mountain town! It was definitely chilly and had snow on the mountain (November 22), so if you travel around this time pack snow boots and gloves if you plan on visiting this attraction. The views were breathtaking, and the tram ride alone would be worth a visit (especially with the 50% off coupons the hotel gives you). We opted to do the alpine coaster, 4-D "movie' and laser tag and our children loved it. I'm not sure teenagers would love the inside activities as much as our younger ones did, though. Going early in the morning mean we had the alpine coaster almost to ourselves, hint hint. Get the unlimited pass if you're going to do it (we thought we'd just do the tram ride but quickly changed our minds after going down the coaster once).

If you're looking for a luxurious getaway as a couple, I'm not sure this is what you want. But for our family, it was PERFECT. We are so happy that we chose Hotel Glenwood Springs and definitely recommend it to other families. I cannot say enough about the customer service and would come back again!!

Room Tip: End of hall room was great. Request a sofa bed if you have 3+ kids.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family