We travel by car a great deal and usually stay at Holiday Inn's when we are on the road. We usually get a very clean and comfortable room for a great price, so I was expecting the same at this Holiday Inn Express.
My husband booked us a larger suite since we were traveling with our child. Check-in was perfectly fine and we went upstairs to our suite. It was very late, we were exhausted, and I just wanted to get our son to sleep as soon as possible. I know this is a 3-star property, but I have always found this chain's rooms to be exceptionally clean. We walked in and there was something stuck on the carpet. I think it was a granola bar, so I just picked it up and got my son ready for bed. He is 2-years-old and we had a long travel day, so I was grateful when he fell asleep. I wanted to take a shower and then go to sleep myself. The shower did not look clean at all. There was shampoo (I think?) dripping down the tub. I rinsed it off, but I was a bit perturbed, as this was the second thing I had found. Then I noticed the pen on the wall of the bathroom. Someone had written their name all over the walls with a blue pen. Yikes. I thought about moving rooms, but our son was asleep and I was exhausted.
The bed was clean and comfortable, so I was going to go to sleep. I turned the heat off in the room and that is when I heard a very loud noise. There was a large truck parked beneath our window with its generator on. Would not have been a big deal, but then I realized it was so loud because the window was broken and would not close completely. Looking back I should have packed our things and moved rooms, but again, it was very late and I did not want to move my son and all of our stuff. I turned the fan on and this made the truck noise less noticeable. We reported our experience, but I realize we should have done it the night before.
I felt like the linens were the only thing that had been cleaned in the room, which is odd for this particular chain. Not sure if I would stay at this particular hotel again when there are so many in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenwood Springs (Aspen Area). Whether traveling on business or on pleasure, this Glenwood Springs Hotel is the perfect choice offering free Smart Hot Buffet Breakfast, free Complimentary Wireless High-Speed Internet and the best hotel value in the Glenwood Springs / Aspen area! Convenient location just four blocks from the famous Hot Springs Pool. Adjacent to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs newest area attraction open year around . Conveniently located near Ski Sunlight Resort or enjoy Aspen / Snowmass Ski Resort just 40 minutes from the hotel. Many restaurants and entertainment venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Ask about our packages! Group room rates also available by calling the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Holiday Inn