“Smelly...gross...no”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I went to the caves at the Yampah Spa (caves only - no spa services). The caves were $12 which seemed high for what you got. It did not feel like you were in a cave...it was a like a hot dungeoun that smelled like rotten eggs. I thought bats were going to fly out and attack me at anytime, if the gross old men didn't get me first. We also weren't given a robe, just a towel and had to ask for flip flops (not offered to us when we checked in).

I would not go back again. I'm not judging the spa services at all...just the caves. I did not think these were "special" or "relaxing". Pass!

3  Thank Ann R

Reviewed 9 January 2012

I visited Yampah Spa in Glenwood Sprigns a few weeks ago. The vapor caves are an absolute treat for $12 but the Spa treatment not so much. My friend and I signed up for the Herbal Wrap ($70) and came away more stressed and frustrated. The wrap consisted of us lying between 2 hot towels and laying there for 20 minutes. Nothing else, that's it...I could have done that myself for a fraction of the price. We were expecting a little bit more than a damp towel sandwich for 70 bucks. From now on, I'll stick to the caves.

2  Thank maditan
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This place is very neat. Very hot, so if you don't like hot don't go...into the caves that is. Their spa has always been top notch service, very professional. The mud baths and salt rubs are awesome.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

My trips to the area include a must visit to the Vapor Caves - always a treat! The fees are modest, a wonderful and unique place to take friends who have never partaken. The caves are so natural, almost surreal - and I love how my body reacts to both the vapors and the heat. Close your eyes, feel the days tension melt away as your body sheds itself of toxins. The vapors are a treat to my sinuses. The effects make both my body and mind feel so much clearer .

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We came here just to experience the Vapor Caves, which was supposedly the only natural vapor caves in the world. Pretty much it is like a Sauna, but the steam is natural, and you are in a cave. Very unique! It was $12 to enter the caves. You enter by going into the Spa's main entrance, so you feel like you are just going into a regular spa place. Then they give you a towel and there is a changing room (you wear your bathing suit) and then you go down a set of stairs and suddenly, you are literally in a steaming hot cave. You walk down a small path, and it leads to 3 small rooms with lots of sitting space. Then you just soak in the steam. There is a hose that pumps out cold water to cool off, and little buckets you can use to soak your feet or dump cold water on yourself, and also a little spot where there is a hole above your head shooting out cold air if you need a breather. There is a relaxation room upstairs also that you can use- it is basically just a bunch of nice lawn chairs surrounding a fountain in a quiet room with free lemon water. Overally, although a little pricey (I would think maybe $7 would be a fair price, but then again you are at a spa which is probably why they can charge so much) this place was very relaxing and a very cool unique experience. I would definitely recommend it.