“Not horrible but not worth the money”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Denver, Colorado
“Not horrible but not worth the money”
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We stayed at the Homestead Denver Cherry Creek for two weeks while we waited for the closing date on our house. We picked Homestead for the moderate price, good location and reasonable reviews. While Im sure things could have been much worse my wife and I were very disappointed with our stay at Homeland. Upon checkin we were told that house keeping would be by weekly on Tuesday. Both weeks we were there they neglected to clean our room without constant reminders. Once they did come by they did a very poor job of cleaning. The WiFi had horrible signal strength even though we were only one room away from the main office and it was so slow that we essentially didn't really have internet. The main doors did really close without you slamming them so we were constantly woken up throughout the night by neighbors going in and out of rooms. To top it off the laundry facilities were not all that great and the dryers did really work. All in all we were very disappointed with our stay, and while we wont have the opportunity to stay at Homestead again since we now live in Denver we cannot recommend that anyone else stay there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
naperville
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The beds felt like box springs and when I went to the office to get more towels the door was locked. There were workers inside but they refused to open the door and insisted that I use the phone to get in. Well when i went to the phone it was almost completely destroyed and hanging out by the wires. I kept knocking on the door and they finally opened it for me. When I asked the man behind the counter for some towels he turned to me and said hes off duty. Period. No sorry or this person will help you. I asked the woman next to him and while i was waiting he just stood there waiting for papers to print.. I am very disappointed in this place. I would rather have slept in my car than at this place.

• Stayed August 2010

Travellers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 September 2010

read several reviews, was in the room to sleep & out all day long...
served its purpose, a little noisy...convenient to my needs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Based on the varied reviews I avoided this place during a previous week-long assignment in Denver despite a manager's recommendation. However, this trip was just for 1 day so I booked here via hotels.com and with an online coupon got the room for $56.

I'd stay here again if I was on a budget, although the room was a little below the quality of my previous higher-priced hotel, however it had the benefit of a kitchenette. Importantly, the room was quiet and had everything I needed.

The location was behind a Target and across the street from a retro diner and about 30 mins from the airport. I passed quite a few stores on Colorado as I headed here from the airport so there is 'life' nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Savannah, GA
Reviewed 26 August 2010

My wife and I felt this facility was satisfactory - it's not a Hampton Inn but not bad. We thought the weekly rate was relatively good for the Cherry Creek area. The staff was accommodating and responsive. Rooms in the middle area are probably the quietest. Not far from expansive shopping in Cherry Creek. I would also like to mention GUNTHER TOODY'S RESTAURANT right across the street which was clean and had a 1950's diner theme, a fun atmosphere, very good food, and generous portions. They offered a 20% discount to motel guests anytime on already reasonable prices plus on certain days they had specials like a hamburger deal and all you can eat chicken fingers. Eating there is an added reason to stay at Homestead.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
0.5 km away
1.2 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
0.6 km away
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK