See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We almost always stay at Motel 6 because they are pet friendly. However, there was no grass, and only gravel by the fence and NO ONE, not even the motel staff, bothers to pick up their dog's messes. The gravel was a stinky mess with piles of dog poop everywhere. My dogs could not find a clean place to do their business so they used the driveway (and yes, I did clean up after them).

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

This motel was a party motel for kids and transients. Did not feel safe. Went into the lobby to check in, wife and a few friends checked the rooms before we payed. We ended up leaving and staying at a different hotel.

The first thing they ask for is everyone in your party ID to photo copy. That is what threw the first red flag. The second was the stone woman sitting in the stairwell.

I do not recommend this motel 6.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2016

I am not a smoker, though hard to tell! The stink was wafting through the walls into the room, my clothes even picked up the odor. The improvements made cannot help the review, or the staff. If you are a smoker you'll likely rate it okay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

This place was a absolute nightmare. Disgusting rooms. Internet is paid for separately but rarely worked. TV goes down if it sprinkles outside, so imagine winter. High crime. Maid attacked while there. I'm sure a police report can be found on that pretty easily. There was a body taken out on a gurney on our last day. High drug use motel. Had caught a female trying to "window shop" our car. Just stopped her from breaking in by luck of coming out to leave to go eat. Was a disaster of a stay! Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 8 September 2015

While road tripping around the area, my buddy and I decided to stay here. This was a mistake.

The front desk was helpful and friendly after the 3 minutes it took for them to acknowledge my presence. They genuinely were nice and friendly, but 3 minutes is not an exaggeration. It also didn't help that their manager was shouting at them from the back room.

The facility is sketchy. On Yelp there is only one picture of the motel and it's of two police cars out front with a title of "the police are here so much they should get a room". It's remarkably accurate. Within 10 minutes of being checked in there was a sheriff's deputy cruising the parking lot. I get the feeling that this is a good thing for me, because of the blatant drug deals going on, along with the two tweakers that were drawing in coloring books by the pool. Later that night my friend was forced inside by another guest's angry dog.

The room was alright. Nothing special, even by Motel 6 standards (I've been in dozens of them). It was short on towels, there was no shampoo or conditioner, and the sink's water flow was absurdly slow.

We had to pay extra for wifi, which was so slow that I couldn't stream a movie, so I ended up requesting a refund (which I received).

In short, even for $60 per night, I'd never go back. I would pay the difference to keep a loved one from staying there. The ownership and management need to at least hire a security guard or two.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Colby E
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear Colby,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.