“Very decent”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
“Very decent”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I had stayed there when it was the Lamplighter and was happy enough to return. I found as an ABV that the service is still friendly, is a better location than staying out on the interstate, and completely adequate for the purpose. Am staying again this month (8/11).

• Stayed December 2010
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary/Alberta/Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Ok the hotel has been renovated in the last year or so. Room is clean but small. Bathroom seems clean. CRT TV, they need to join the 21st century. Nice hard wood floors in the room, however, they come with a price. Being an older motel, you can here the people upstairs as if they were sitting right next to you. The wood floors creek like you wouldn't believe. Kids laughing etc., sounds like a party. Bring ear plugs. I should have known better about the thin walls, as when I checked in the owners were fighting in the attached office, you could here every word!!! Should have been my first clue. Price was right, but should be cheeper because of the creaky floors and thin walls.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank rhphoto
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Booked on Hotels .com. We came to denver to go to a Avs game, and needed to get back towards Wyoming. We got checked in late, abput 11:15pm Check in was quick and easy staff ws friendly. Got to our room, not too bad. Until we could hear the tv from the room behind us, the doors between ajoining room have very thin doors. and the tv above us. Also the person above us must have been a night owl because we cold hear this person walk across the room ALL night. I tried to access the internet with the wifi but you need a security password. No info on the password or internet in the room and the front desk closes at 11pm. So no internet, loud neighbors, small room, no alarm clock. You decide... Guess I am just use to having a little more than what is there.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wyoavsfan

Travellers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Logan, Utah
Reviewed 28 November 2010

If you are looking for six-legged self-innterested company, this is your place, otherwise, pass your way. In addition there is no curtain, so the activity in the rooms is directly visible from the parking lot.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank gp33
rlberry, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
To member gp33,
I m sorry your stay with us was not a happy one, I need to tell you with the epidemic of bedbug problems affecting the entire country we spray our rooms 3 times the recommended frequency
and have not had any other complaints, knowing that you travel with your pet I'm wondering if you couldn't have possibly brought the bugs along from another location. As for the window complaint we have blinds that cover the entire window and be adjusted to allow upwards reflective light at which point you would be able to see into the room with close scrutiny of course, they can also be adjusted to allow no light and totally block any view from the out side.
I wish you had spoke to me while you were still here so we could have helped more

The Owner
ABVI Ft Collins
ok
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I felt like I was being "watched". It didn't have ANY breakfast not even a continental breakfast. There wasn't an alarm clock or even a clock in the room. Ants were in the bathroom. There was not a coffee maker or coffee, no iron\iron board, hair dryer, etc as the ammenities. I requested a two bed room and the room they gave me was just a single bed. I had to pay extra for the two bed room. I will not be back!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business