“Excellent Experience at Redlands (AKA J Alexander's)”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 219 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chester Street by the Centennial Promenade
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I stopped in for dinner last week, and had a topnotch experience. I had no reservation, and the bar was crowded, so I dined at an outdoor table in their courtyard. The servers were attentive and friendly, and the food was really very good. I had Filet Mignon with Deviled Eggs, and Carrot Cake for dessert. The steak was cooked as ordered, and well presented. The carrot cake was outstanding, be aware one portion is enough for two or three people unless you have a hearty appetite. I would eat here again if in the Denver area. The restaurant is in a shopping area across the road from the Park Meadows mall.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I seem to end up back here, especially for my birthday, and the food and service are airways excellent. Start with the grilled artichokes, they are delectable and the dipping sauce divine. Everything is good on the menu, you can't go wrong. And the prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes is sinfully good!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Very nice late afternoon lunch! Had the spicy tuna roll (with jicama) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The french dip was the right size, tender as can be, and just great. Superb service from Drew the bartender, he can make a great Manhattan. Nice, intimate atmosphere with good food and great service.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Our go to when visiting area. First Kim, our server was exceptional. As we were staying in a near by hotel, we mentioned to Kim we would like a slow pace. An she delivered! She asked when we were ready for each course. And the food was great and plentiful. Wife had fish and I devoured "Charlie's chicken". We will be back!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Twice now I've had a client ask to do lunch here. Both times I've left thinking J Alexanders just isn't worthy competition to all the other choices in the area.

Visit #1, I had the burger as it came highly recommended. It was good. Just good. The french fries are really good: shoestring cut and crisp. The service was excellent.

Visit #2, I shared the pimiento cheese appetizer (yummy) and ordered the Redwood Salad which is their "house" salad. The waitress said it was very popular. The pimiento cheese, as noted, was pretty good - but anything with cheese, peppers and mayonnaise can't be bad... The salad was bland and very average minus. There was not a thing wrong with it so I did not complain, but be advised it's the lamest $16 salad you'll ever get.

Overall, the service is great and the food was lame.

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK