New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Florida
“Excellent for Business & Leisure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were very warmly welcomed by Josh at the front desk. We had just come from a 4 hour flight from Florida and had, had a stressful car rental experience at the Denver Airport. Josh greeted us with some delicious cookies and offered us some coffee. It was like home away from home. We were there for business and leisure, this hotel was great for both. It is one of the best Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have ever stayed at! The room was clean, quiet, and felt very safe. On our 3 day stay, there was always a friendly greeting when we went by the front desk. The breakfast was very good. Along with the signature cinnamon buns, they had a pancake machine (hot & fresh)! There was plenty of parking, free wi-fi in your room (very good), and a business center if you didn't pack your laptop. We would definitely stay here again when in the Denver area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor (top) and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012 via mobile

When I arrived, the toilet roll dispenser was in the sink. No biggie. But when I went to use the toilet, I noticed it was so slow to flush (I hadn't done anything yet to cause this!). Still I was tired and went to sleep. The next morning, as I used the shower, I noticed a half used bottle of shampoo on the shower shelf. Not mine - I'm bald.

I went to my meetings, came back, and the room was not made up (I did not hang up a DND sign). I went to discuss with a manager later but got the owner - and he didn't understand me as his English wasn't good. But he understood enough that he said he would get someone to fix the toilet. I go out on my dinner meeting, come back, toilet doesn't work just as I'm going to bed. The next morning, I pack, check out early and went to Embassy Suites to finish my trip. Worst hotel stay in a long time, given I've spent 60% of my time since January in one hotel or another.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank ck_in_a_suitcase
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear ck_in_a_suitcase

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Arlington, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have worked for Holiday Inns in the past as well as being a guest. The associates were great. I have to give "Ms. Bernadette" an extra thank you for all of the special treatment. You Ms. Bernadette are a great lady, thanks so much. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. I would stay again in a New York second.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean. There was no smoke smell in the halls like at some other hotels. The breakfast is acceptable, but it is consistent with other HIE hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels. This had an updated room, and the hotel was clean and conveniently located. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Negatives were: I received a wake up call both mornings which I had not requested. One of the drawers on the dresser floated out. It looks like they were aware of the problem, because someone stuck a folded piece of paper under one of the legs, but it didn't solve the problem.

The breakfast was the standard fare, nothing outstanding but enough to start your day.

The price was excellent, particularly based on location and the fact that room was updated. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you visited our hotel. I will follow up with the the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
0.1 km away
1.2 km away
TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center
0.5 km away
Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK