“Bland and Overcooked”

Add it.
Fire Bowl Cafe
Ranked #43 of 219 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Fairly new. Really GOOD)
Description: Fairly new. Really GOOD)
Reviewed 19 March 2016

I always enjoy Pei Wei's Pad Thai, so I thought my husband and I would try this Asian fast food establishment. When we walked in, the woman at the front counter was extremely helpful and full of personality. She described many of the dishes. They have a huge assortment of various kinds of tea in a small, glass refrigerator. We decided to have ice water with lemon.

My husband chose the fire noodles with chicken and vegetables, and I decided (surprise!) on the Pad Thai combination with shrimp and tofu. I asked if I could swap the thin rice noodles for thick ones. They were extremely accommodating.

The food came out hot. I was expecting a few snow peas, cilantro,scallions and peanuts. Not one of those ingredients was included in the dish. My husband complained about the miniscule amount of chicken and vegetables in his dish. The worst aspect of the meal is that both dishes lacked flavor, and the noodles in both dishes were way overcooked. The fortune cookies, however, were very fresh and delicious.

Not as good as Pei Wei, but I do think that if they work on the preparation, this restaurant has the potential for being a nice fast food choice. Kudos to the lovely girl behind the counter.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Stopped in for something different for lunch. Was a little concerned about the long line but with 3 freindly cashiers, I was out the door with my food in about 15 minutes. Well worth it. Great food. I got the Beef and Broccoli and it was enough for two days of lunch.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We go here for dinner with kids and it is perfect. The food is always fresh and it is a perfect menu with Chinese and Thai healthy options .

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I always get the Stir Fry Your Way with chicken, the Thai Veggie Mix, and brown rice. The sauces are always good, and it is difficult to choose which one. Thanks to the sauces, the food is usually on the spicy side, but not too spicy for me. I feel like I get a reasonably healthy meal, with plenty to eat, and as prices go, it is about average for this area. The food is good.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

This place is awesome. Everything is fresh. You choose exactly what you want and it is made to order so its hot when you get it. You can't get a better chicken bowl anywhere!