“Chocolate and Ice Cream”
Review of Drost's Chocolates

Drost's Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Eckert
Description: phone 970/835-4100. This is a chocolate shop and soda fountain.
Description: phone 970/835-4100. This is a chocolate shop and soda fountain.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Need I say more? Where else can you get huckleberry ice cream? Friendly, yummy place with a nice area to sit in the back. They had chocolate covered caramels with your choice of three different types of sea salt.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Drost's had been recommended for their chocolate candy. It looked very good, but I'm not a chocolate person. But we did try their milkshakes. Wonderful. I had a butter pecan one, with plenty of pecans. My wife had a caramel shake. They don't stint on the flavor. It's one of the best shakes I've ever had. And you get to see their incredible collection of antique cash registers at no additional charge.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I passed this store about five times in one day and on my final trip I just had to stop. It is truly a "Mom & Pop Shop." Service was very personal and friendly. It had a vast choice of handmade chocolates. So I hand selected some for my wife (and me) and bought a gift box for my office in Kennesaw, GA. When the staff in my office tried it they really raved about the delicious creamy chocolate.

They also had a good selection of hard ice cream and, believe it or not, a cash register museum.

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

A wonderful candy store and run by the owners who make all their own chocolates. The candies are fresh, home made and very reasonably priced. A terrific find in a pretty town on the southern slope of Grand Mesa.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

A great little store with hand made chocolates of every description! They also serve ice cream in the summer. Don't forget to see their old cash register collection!