All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite front desk breakfast staff happy hour extra space basketball court yogurt indoor pool nice hotel free breakfast would definitely stay here again cold cereal kids loved the pool great place to stay the hotel offers the animas river trail
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Maybe a bit older Residence Inn that looks recently revived. That is not a bad thing because it still has suites with closing doors as a normal room (instead of the studios newer properties have gone to). The only thing I can complain about is some sloppy paint work in the halls and a bit of difficulty getting in and out of the property off the highway. Not right in downtown if that is important to you. I'm really not doing the best job of conveying how pleasantly surprised we were. Would book again in a minute and has raised my opinion of Residence Inn as a chain.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Residence Inns are usually toward the top of my list when picking a hotel. A lot of that has to do with the extra space you get for about the same price of a standard hotel room. My recent visit to the Residence Inn in Durango did not disappoint.

The hotel appears to be just a little dated from the outside, but the rooms appear to be newly renovated. With that said, the renovations were already showing some wear - knicks on the new furniture and the carpet in my 2 bedroom suite was already frayed. The new wallpaper in the hallways was already scratched up. There was also a weird choice for carpet in the hallways.

Who picks a hotel because of the hallway carpet anyways? All of the above was very, very minor! More importantly - the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Even better - we had one of the best free hotel breakfasts I've had. The breakfast attendant was super friendly and very attentive.

I think the hotel offers a fitness room as most Residence Inns do. However, I decided to skip the exercise room and took run on the scenic greenway along the Animas River. It's a quick walk/run down the sidewalk from the hotel.

Making a stop in Durango? I don't think you'll regret a night's stay at the Residence Inn!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NCSUFanTraveler
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Sorry to say we can't give the Residence Inn Durango a great review. As Residence Inns go, this one could really use a facelift and an upgrade to some of the amenities that this brand usually offers. The property looked worn and although some front desk employees were very friendly, not all were. After our stay we wished we had stayed at the Fairfield Inn next door. That property looked relatively new and very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Please accept my apology for any inconveniences you encountered while at our property. We are in the process of finishing up our renovation and still waiting on all the doors to be delivered. The patio upgrade and parking lot resurface are in progress.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I try to stay at Marriott hotels, we had stayed at the Fairfield just down the street before and we really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this stay was not great. The room was spacious, but the rug was pulled up along the edges, the TV and the phone in one of the rooms were not working and calls to the front desk had no effect. The pool and tennis court are very nice. The hotel staff (housekeeping and maintenance) were amazing, working hard, helpful, and really doing a lot of work! The front desk staff was not very friendly, did not seem to be interested in helping or solving the issues we were asking about during our stay or at check out. This community just endured a wildfire, so I have empathy for them, but customer service is very important when there are so many other options. I know they are working on it, but it may be a while before we return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the hotel. We just finished up the renovation and are tying up the loose ends. I have shared your comments with the staff to show where we need work.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

On arrival and check in we found: days old laundry in the halls, missing carpet, damaged room door, frayed carpet in the room, no ice available unless we wanted to have the front desk clerk get a ziplock bag from the kitchen. When we asked the front desk clerk if there were any rooms that were in better condiditon he told us we were already in a renovated room in the renovated section!
To use the sofa bed we had to make it up ourselves. The next day on checkout the laundry bins were still in the halls, and then were emptied but the empty bins remained. Can’t recall ever staying in a Marriott property that was so dilapidated.

Room Tip: Don’t go there!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ray A
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Ray A.

Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the hotel. We are finishing up our renovation and are waiting on the doors to arrive.
The contractors have been notified about existing conditions that need addressed