“Very tired - poor service”
Review of Durango Travelodge

Durango Travelodge
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The Travelodge is a good way north on the main strip. There are other motels nearby, a few restaurants within strolling distance, and a supermarket. There is a also a free shuttle bus to Downtown Durango.
The hotel is tired and in need of a make-over. The rooms are in several blocks. The block to the rear is the quieter and better. Ask for a room in this block on the 2nd floor. Note it only looks like one floor due to the slope of the land. So you can park outside your door, but you will have a balcony facing the river. The river and the railroad run immediately behind the hotel, but due to a shield of trees, you really only hear them, rather than see them.
Rooms are tired and no fridge, microwave, or iron. There is aircon and a coffee maker. It was basically clean and things worked. It was of average size.
There is a complimentary breakfast included but it is of a poor quality. Both mornings we were there either the pastries or the juice were unavailable as "Well, you see, someone forgot to order them." - oh, so that's alright then, I feel better now.
Staff are polite but bored and disinterested.
It's not so expensive though. We pre-paid in the UK through hotels.com. Cost was £88 for 2 nights in a 2*Queen

Room Tip: Rear block room with balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rexbarker
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

I have been meaning to write a review about this "motel" for awhile. The sheets were disgusting, rugs old and dirty, door locks didn't work well. The front desk agents for the most part were helpful but something seemed a little off. I would not recommend staying here, especially when your paying over $100 for a room. There are many other options for about the same price in town that are far superior and that actually take pride in their hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Room was clean and staff was great! One of the only hotels in Durango that we could bring our little dogs to. We will stay again and again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank brother18
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This is one of those old motels, which in itself is not a bad thing. However this particular motel disgraces the Travelodge name. My first impression was that the room was old and din't smell very good. I decided to stick it out, wrong decision. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the restroom and found a bug crawling around the bathroom, it wasn't too big so I didn't worry about it. The staff forgot about my 6am wake up call and when I did wake up there was the largest cockroach I have ever seen. When I went to complain, the front desk staff apologized for the missed wake up call, (she knew they were having problem with the computer) but did not apologize for the mouse sized cockroach in my room. And a horrible continental breakfast, if that is what you would call coffee and stale mini-muffins. I strongly urge people to NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank CAteachermom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I booked this hotel as part of a travel package for a wedding. Big mistake. I was in room #8 and the room smelled STRONGLY of urine, which was my chief complaint. It was very run down and dirty. There were big holes in my wall, the towel rack was badly bent, mystery "substances" on many surfaces, etc. I'm really not a big snob but my room was just plain gross. I found another place to stay and checked out after the first night. My room was still $96 so I was peeved. When I explained to the checkout clerk (who was very nice) my complaints, she caved immediately and it seemed routine for her to refund customers/check them out early. I'd avoid this place! **See my pics below

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo