“good value and very friendly staff”

Quality Inn Durango
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We rolled the dice on tr@v&locity and got the Quality Inn.

The front desk staff was excellent, and took time to help me plan out my micro brewery bar tour and hikes in the area. The free breakfast was nicer than I expected. It was staffed and had some hot choices. The king room had a comfortable bed and decent micro fridge and tv. I will say that the king rooms are on the small side, but they were nice enough and clean. The bathrooms looked remodeled.

The one downside is that if you want to go out downtown it is far to walk. There is the free trolley in season that is handy, plus bus stops close by. Unfortunately two of the micro brews close super early (8:30?!) so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: King rooms were a bit small but nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt K
QualityM1, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. The front desk is very knowledgeable about many of the "things to do" here in Durango. For such a small community Durango has 4 microbreweries. Sorry to hear they don't stay open past 8:30PM. We have also upgraded our breakfast and make our own sausage gravy!

We will take your feedback seriously and hope your next stay with us will be as pleasant as this one!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

..as previously mentioned, I stay in Durango a lot, and stay here a lot. "If it's not broken, don't fix it". I always have a good experience here at the Quality Inn. The breakfast is great - lots to choose from. The beds are exceptionally comfortable.

I was upgraded from a Queen single to a double-queen last time. The room was larger, and all was well. I was very impressed with getting a call from the Front Desk about an hour after I checked in to ask if my room was okay. Keep that up !!! That is great PR and Customer Service.

Again, never a problem - Recommend it highly...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KUMtngal
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Your comments are always used constructively and thank you for pointing out specific things we do here at the Quality Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

The room was everything I wanted. Extremely clean,(chemicals a bit strong),very nice flat screen TV,(even a remote with large numbers) microwave, refrigerator, very functional shower, king bed that was very comfortable, along with several small pillows, which I happen to prefer. There was a lot of space for luggage and for hanging clothes. The room could be made very dark, for great sleeping. The heating/AC unit was located in such a spot that the air was not blowing directly on me and the temperature was very constant(not hot one minute and cold the next).
The breakfast was way above average, even biscuits and gravy, and an otherwise fine selection. The breakfast room had complimentary copies of the daily Wall Street Journal.
I have stayed in motels and hotels all over the world, and I have never found a staff more friendly and accommodating. When asked about places to eat, I was shown various menus and given discount coupons for some of the restaurants.
During my stay, I had car problems and was going to have to put the car in a repair shop. When the manager was made aware of this, she volunteered to have someone pick me up at the repair shop and bring me back to the hotel and also to return me to the shop. If necessary, she would have extended the check out time, to accommodate me during the time it took to repair my vehicle. To me, this was "above and beyond" from a service standpoint.
I have stayed at this motel on many occasions and will certainly do so any time I'm in the Durango area.

Room Tip: If one would desire a more quiet room, they could probably request one farther away from the main st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank David W
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our motel. We are constantly trying to keep everything up to date here at the Quality Inn. It is such an encouragement to our staff when they hear how a guest’s time with us was made more enjoyable. Glad to hear that we will be seeing you in the future, have a great day.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2011 after long drive from Santa Fe via Chaco canyone. Booked at the last minute half an hour out of Durango. Staff great, room clean and comfortable. Used the spa - had to open outside door as chemicals a bit strong. Friend traveling with used the pass to the gym around the corner which was handy. Breakfast fine. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marcia M

Good to hear that you had a safe trip into Durango and that your stay was pleasant. We are glad to hear that the Rec Center passes came in handy for you and your friend. There are many things in the Durango area that you can enjoy and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Above all else, what stands out at this hotel is its very friendly and helpful staff. Although it is always challenging traveling with a large family, both the front desk reception and the rest of the staff made sure we felt welcomed and had everything we needed.

The rooms were very clean and had an updated-feel to them. The beds were comfortable and the fold-out bed we had requested in our reservation months before was in the room when we arrived. Even in September, our kids has a great time swimming in their heated pool which overlooks the beautiful Animas River.

The complimentary breakfast was the cherry on top of a great stay. Although we were running a bit late the first morning, the breakfast staff was extremely gracious and friendly and even stayed late to make us all "made to order" breakfasts.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Arae N
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We love hearing how different guests find something new to enjoy about our hotel. Thanks for letting us know about your stay, it means so much to us that you had a restful time. As always our staff was glad to have you folks with us and we hope to see you again soon!