“Spectacular in every way possible”

Soaring Tree Top Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through Old Growth Ponderosa forest and Aspen groves and across the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango & Silverton Train, Soaring is unique Colorado zip line adventure that has been enjoyed by guests ages 4-94! Price includes First Class train transportation to/from the property via the historic Durango & Silverton train, 5.5 hours Soaring across the 27 zip line spans, an Ecology tour interspersed in your day, a four-course gourmet lunch in the trees on a platform overlooking the Animas River, and all Sky Ranger guides and equipment. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Spectacular in every way possible”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Soaring experience is worth every penny. From the moment we boarded the train this was a fantastic experience. Every detail is taken care of to perfection. My wife and I along with our two teenage children had a great time. The train ride to Soaring is an attraction in itself. The nature tour and guides are an attraction in its own right. The wonderful food is worth the trip. Finally, the Soaring itself is a once in a lifetime experience. My family ranges from not too adventurous (wife / daughter) to adventure hungry (son) and we all had a great time. The training and safety was excellent. It was worth every penny. Hint: If you are staying at a resort north of Durango, pick up the train at the midpoint rather than at Durango. It saves 20 to 30 minutes at the start and end of the day and we are told the best views are after the mid-point pickup. Since Soaring has its own cars, seating wasn't a problem.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank TheEfamily
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Oklahoma City, OK
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worth the cost!!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was the most fun we had on our whole 2 week trip. The staff was attentive without being overbearing. The lunch was awsome and of course all the zip lines are great. They have one zip line where you can race against others and it is very fun. Of course they save the best for last and it is 1400'!!!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank otsnow63
Richmond, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My girlfriend and I went on the last day of the season (2011) and it was fantastic weather and foilage. Even though there were only four (4) of us total on this day the entire staff was 110% professional, 110% attentive and 110% FUN!!! The food was way better than expected/advertised and the "river-side service" they provided was better than just about any restaurant I have ever been to.

I am a long-term professional military and commercial pilot and the quality of the equipment used and the 'attention to detail' of the well-trained and professional staff was second-to-none. Specifically, (1) we were ALWAYS tethered to either the tree or zip-line when above ground level, (2) we were ALWAYS launched and received (landed) with at least one (1) guide's undivided attention and "hand's-on" assistance (at both ends), and (3) the system design used for harness-to-zipline attachment is 100% redundant, making it virtually impossible for any detachment to occur while soaring. The result is a completely safe operation...one of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

"Fantastic" says it all!!!

MARK W

Visited October 2011
8 Thank Mark W
Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I was so nervous when my aunt said she was taking me here as my graduation present. I wouldn't watch the videos on the website for fear of chickening out. By lunch time, I had already decided I was coming back. I had the most amazing time. Every staff member was incredible and happy and really seemed to be having a great time with all of us. You start your day with a beautiful train ride through the mountains in a luxury train car. Lunch was provided, and delicious! Snacks and hot chocolate (it was raining and snowing part of the day) were provided throughout the day. Rain gear was also provided. I felt safe the moment we got started and had so much fun that I would have returned the next day if I didn't have plans already. The rest of my family is now planning on going and I will go back as many times with them as I can. I recommend this trip 110%!!!

Visited October 2011
Provo, Utah
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had a great time. For me the best part was the food and the jokes from the staff. Lunch was delicious and the staff were great. I've done zip-lines in the past and while this one was fun it felt a little more calm than some of the others I've been on due to their "proprietary" braking system (which is basically adjusting the start and end height so that you are zipping uphill for the last 3rd of the length). If you like things a little more adventurous than the average person about the only one that'll get your adrenaline pumping is the last one.

Visited September 2011

Been to Soaring Tree Top Adventures? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK