“Spectacular in every way possible”

Soaring Tree Top Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through Old Growth Ponderosa forest and Aspen groves and across the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango & Silverton Train, Soaring is unique Colorado zip line adventure that has been enjoyed by guests ages 4-94! Price includes First Class train transportation to/from the property via the historic Durango & Silverton train, 5.5 hours Soaring across the 27 zip line spans, an Ecology tour interspersed in your day, a four-course gourmet lunch in the trees on a platform overlooking the Animas River, and all Sky Ranger guides and equipment. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Soaring experience is worth every penny. From the moment we boarded the train this was a fantastic experience. Every detail is taken care of to perfection. My wife and I along with our two teenage children had a great time. The train ride to Soaring is an attraction in itself. The nature tour and guides are an attraction in its own right. The wonderful food is worth the trip. Finally, the Soaring itself is a once in a lifetime experience. My family ranges from not too adventurous (wife / daughter) to adventure hungry (son) and we all had a great time. The training and safety was excellent. It was worth every penny. Hint: If you are staying at a resort north of Durango, pick up the train at the midpoint rather than at Durango. It saves 20 to 30 minutes at the start and end of the day and we are told the best views are after the mid-point pickup. Since Soaring has its own cars, seating wasn't a problem.

2  Thank TheEfamily
in 43 reviews
"rockwood station"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was the most fun we had on our whole 2 week trip. The staff was attentive without being overbearing. The lunch was awsome and of course all the zip lines are great. They have one zip line where you can race against others and it is very fun. Of course they save the best for last and it is 1400'!!!

2  Thank otsnow63
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My girlfriend and I went on the last day of the season (2011) and it was fantastic weather and foilage. Even though there were only four (4) of us total on this day the entire staff was 110% professional, 110% attentive and 110% FUN!!! The food was way better than expected/advertised and the "river-side service" they provided was better than just about any restaurant I have ever been to.

I am a long-term professional military and commercial pilot and the quality of the equipment used and the 'attention to detail' of the well-trained and professional staff was second-to-none. Specifically, (1) we were ALWAYS tethered to either the tree or zip-line when above ground level, (2) we were ALWAYS launched and received (landed) with at least one (1) guide's undivided attention and "hand's-on" assistance (at both ends), and (3) the system design used for harness-to-zipline attachment is 100% redundant, making it virtually impossible for any detachment to occur while soaring. The result is a completely safe operation...one of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

"Fantastic" says it all!!!

MARK W

8  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I was so nervous when my aunt said she was taking me here as my graduation present. I wouldn't watch the videos on the website for fear of chickening out. By lunch time, I had already decided I was coming back. I had the most amazing time. Every staff member was incredible and happy and really seemed to be having a great time with all of us. You start your day with a beautiful train ride through the mountains in a luxury train car. Lunch was provided, and delicious! Snacks and hot chocolate (it was raining and snowing part of the day) were provided throughout the day. Rain gear was also provided. I felt safe the moment we got started and had so much fun that I would have returned the next day if I didn't have plans already. The rest of my family is now planning on going and I will go back as many times with them as I can. I recommend this trip 110%!!!