All reviews box canyon tent sites beautiful campsite ft motor home beautifully landscaped park quiet at night full hookups tow vehicle fire pit dog park nice folks laundry facilities worked great new owners close to town great place to stay downtown durango
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this campsite/RV resort while attending our niece's wedding. I was very impressed with our site # which was #38. The site can be cramped but this site was at the end surrounded by trees and right by the rolling creek. Was very private and not as crowded feeling like the rest of the sites. One downfall is they do not take specific site reservations so you are never guaranteed the site you want which I feel is a bit unfair due to the price to camp there. I would ask the camp owners to reconsider this because I don't believe we would camp there again unless we could reserve that site # again. It is a very family oriented park and young kids are everywhere. If you don't care for little ones running and being kids this would not be the campground for you. Facilities were clean and pool nice but it is a bit small. The creek is awesome and there is nothing like having a cup of coffee in the am by creekside listening to the rolling stream. I did not give it 5 stars because of the high price, no site reservations and the extra charges for everything (like the $45-$55 charge a day wasn't enough) ie, $2 charge per pet per day and no campfire pits- extra charge to borrow their propane fire pit like thing. All in all we would go back for site#38 but would not if that site was not guaranteed! Nice campground for a resort type RVer. ;)

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Fantastic campground! All the sites are beautiful, with mature trees and well spaced. The owners are absolutely delightful and are justifiably proud of their property. The restrooms are immaculate. The pool is well located, away from the campsites so noise is never an issue. We weren't able to reserve a site on the creek, but nevertheless we could hear the creek at night and fell asleep to the wonderful sounds of flowing water. If you're in the Durango area for a camping vacation, don't miss the opportunity to enjoy what we all wish was more common in private campgrounds.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

LOVED this campground! For our 2 week trip and having visited 5 different RV campgrounds, this was by far our favorite!

The staff was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean. It was close to everything and the grounds felt like camping, not asphalt.

I cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Destination542161
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I rented a spot by the creek with full hookups. The owners worked the office. They were welcoming from the moment we walked in and greeted us with a smile...and it was very busy in there. We reserved in advance which made our check-in fast and easy. A camp host then showed us to our location and helped us get backed in.

Everyone was very friendly. Camp hosts made us feel welcome as they are around the property throughout the day and would stop to say hi.

There is a pool, bathrooms/showers, playground for kids and a dog park.

The property is just a few short miles from downtown Durango and a short drive to Mesa Verde.

We will definitely be back....hopefully sooner rather than later!

1  Thank Angie T
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

My family drove 8 hours to stay at Lightner Creek Campground and it was worth every moment of the drive. Upon arriving, the super friendly and helpful owners greeted us and guided us to our campsite. We have the most beautiful site on the creek with a gorgeous custom deck, patio furniture and propane grill. We have enjoyed the pool as well as other amenities. Truly, a must visit campground... Cannot say enough about how pleased we are to stay here.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family