“Great location and Perfect Hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
Country Sunshine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Durango B&B and Inns
Boise
“Great location and Perfect Hosts”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at The Country Sunshine Bed and Breakfast over the Thanksgiving holiday. We have only stayed in a handfull of B&B's before so we really did not know what to expect. To say Jodi and walter were perfect hosts is an understatement. The breakfasts, hospitality, and their house itself made us feel like we were at home. Our grown children, girlfriend and her family were staying up the road and Walter insisted that they come over for breakfast. They have stayed at Country Sunshine before and could not resist the wonderful breakfast. Walter and Jodi greated them like old friends. Walter's baking was exceptional. Cookies at night were over the top. Thanksgiving breakfast included Sweet Potato Waffles that were incredibly creative and tasty.

If you are visiting the Durango area anytime of the year, my wife and I would highly recommend Country Sunshine B&B

Room Tip: Aspen room was perfect. King bed with Bath. very roomy
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank HoytFamily
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We are getting ready to book again because we loved it so much. This is hands down the best B&B I have ever visited. Walter and Jodi are such gracious hosts and they make everything for your stay enjoyable. Loved it! Going back again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jerilynjoyce
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The positive reviews for Walter and Jodi's Country Sunshine Bed and Breakfast are justified and then some. My wife and I had a lovely weekend staying there. Walter and Jodi were very gracious and clearly enjoy what they are doing, which really helps the experience. Walter's breakfasts as well as evening desserts are delicious. Make sure not to save room during dinner. The weather was not ideal for part of our stay but fortunately the B&B is a comfortable place to relax, have a cookie and some tea, and watch the bird feeder outside. They have a small hot tub outside, so don't forget to bring your bathing suite to take full advantage of the facilities. Walter and Jodi have two very friendly dogs and a cat that pretty much stayed downstairs. We were not aware of the cat (our fault) when we booked the B&B and were a bit concerned because we both are allergic to cats. Fortunately, they keep the place very clean and must have a really good air filter because the cat was never an issue, even during the couple of hours that we spent in the basement. The B&B is located a bit over 10 miles from downtown Durango, which is a small price to pay for the quiet and solitude. Overall, we had a great time and look forward to coming back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Benjamin Y
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I spent a night at this B&B and I must tell you, it was great. Great location, great host's, great guests, great food...Walter and Jodie are the best! I would, and do, recommend Country Sunshine B&B to my friends and family but thought I'd reach a bigger audience by reviewing on tripadvisor. Plan your stay, you won't be dissapointed

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cathy1025
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This place is a hidden gem, with this being the first yelp review, maybe I am letting the cat out of the bag. It is impossible to check in here as the cell phone is a bit low on signal and the internet thinks that you are several miles away from where you are (did that make sense- I am confused?)
Anyway, back to the bed and breakfast. This place is way beyond fabulous. The lodge like feeling is wonderful, The hosts are so completely genuine. I mean the best. The rate was incredibly low for what you get. The grounds have EVERYTHING! The breakfasts are top notch, and really gourmet. The fire in the evening downstairs was delightful. The refrigerator is stocked with beer and soda for guests. There are fresh cookies and sometimes a hot dessert in the evening are generously given. The library is well stocked and the hosts will guide you around Durango if you ask. A WONDERFUL chocolate jar (with some Hershey golden almond pieces (the best) ) is by the front door and a hot tub, and ... and I guess you probably get it by now.
I like it a lot. and I am sure you will too.

Room Tip: Downstairs with the fire place! Wow!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends