“Great Happy Hour!!”

Kona Grill - Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #463 of 3,282 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st Ave & Fillmore St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Kona Grill is the best place for happy hour...especially on Wednesday when it is half price on bottler of wine!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Of course when it comes to food, you have to be your OWN critic because we all have different preferences!!! Back story: Date night for the wife and I so we start out at the bar to get some happy hour drinks where Ethan (our Bartender) hooked us up with some Bombay Gin Moscow Mules that were THE bomb along with some Lettuce Wraps we also ordered (sided sauce a bit spicy so be careful). Ethan knows his trade and worked the bar perfectly, engaging all around him. We had 7:00 dinner reservations (advised) since it was peak hour. I ordered the Basil Pesto Linguine and the Mrs. ordered Lemon Garlic Shrimp Penne. The presentation was great and the meals were delicious. Alex (our Server) was attentive without being bothersome, and that's important for me when I'm eating a meal and engaged in conversation. We had a very pleasant experience and will definitely bring our kids with the next time we go...because there WILL be a next time!!!

Paul M, Manager at Kona Grill - Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you so much for all the kind words about our restaurant. We appreciate that you took the time out of your day to write such a nice review. The next time you come in I'd love to buy you an appetizer; Please just ask for Scott.

Thanks
Scott Flett
Assistant General Manger

Reviewed 10 July 2016

The food is so so, but it is a restaurant in the Cherry Creek mall so it makes it super easy to grab a quick bite and keep shopping. I ordered the soft shell crab sushi and the crab was cooked in some dark sauce and lost all crab flavor. Also the sushi are too big by about 1/2. Sushi should be consumed in one bite, but these were too large to comfortably fit in your mouth. The service was quick and friendly and the atmosphere is nice and inviting.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I've been here many times in the past but caught up with an old friend last night. We did our usual, sushi rolls and a saki bomb. The food is good and the setting is nice. Sit outside if you can. My wife had a raspberry mohito that was pretty watered down.

Paul M, General Manager at Kona Grill - Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Good Morning,

I'm reaching out to thank you for writing such a nice review. Also, I want to amend for your wife's watered down Mojito. Please come in with your wife so we can make the perfect mojito and earn your trust.

Have a great day!
Paul Myers
General Manger

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Food is very average at this restaurant. I have been twice and even though the menu and the food they're offering looks good, the final product just doesn't deliver. I don't know if it's the ingredients, or lack of know how on how to implement them, something is missing. Some of the dishes taste similar to something Friday's would offer. NOT KIDDING!

On a positive note, the staff is very nice and definitely wants to please. The decor is also interesting and is semi-trendy.

Will return if I'm starving.

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time out your busy day to offer us some valuable feedback. Comments like yours are what help us to improve as we move forward. I apologize that haven't found anything on the menu that really delivered for you. I would love to invite you back to the restaurant and earn you business. I'm confident that we can find a dish that you will enjoy. We have scratch kitchen and pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can amend for your past experience.

Regards,