“Eh food, good location”

Kona Grill - Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #490 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st Ave & Fillmore St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The food is so so, but it is a restaurant in the Cherry Creek mall so it makes it super easy to grab a quick bite and keep shopping. I ordered the soft shell crab sushi and the crab was cooked in some dark sauce and lost all crab flavor. Also the sushi are too big by about 1/2. Sushi should be consumed in one bite, but these were too large to comfortably fit in your mouth. The service was quick and friendly and the atmosphere is nice and inviting.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I've been here many times in the past but caught up with an old friend last night. We did our usual, sushi rolls and a saki bomb. The food is good and the setting is nice. Sit outside if you can. My wife had a raspberry mohito that was pretty watered down.

Paul M, General Manager at Kona Grill - Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Good Morning,

I'm reaching out to thank you for writing such a nice review. Also, I want to amend for your wife's watered down Mojito. Please come in with your wife so we can make the perfect mojito and earn your trust.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Food is very average at this restaurant. I have been twice and even though the menu and the food they're offering looks good, the final product just doesn't deliver. I don't know if it's the ingredients, or lack of know how on how to implement them, something is missing. Some of the dishes taste similar to something Friday's would offer. NOT KIDDING!

On a positive note, the staff is very nice and definitely wants to please. The decor is also interesting and is semi-trendy.

Will return if I'm starving.

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time out your busy day to offer us some valuable feedback. Comments like yours are what help us to improve as we move forward. I apologize that haven't found anything on the menu that really delivered for you. I would love to invite you back to the restaurant and earn you business. I'm confident that we can find a dish that you will enjoy. We have scratch kitchen and pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can amend for your past experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Go elsewhere for food. Chose a chef's entree - a spicy tuna sashimi with cucumber salad. Well, the cucumber salad was about two bites and the six compact (meaning small) slices of spicy tuna was nothing to brag about. How can any restaurant serve such meager fare?

Well, my impression is this place is for the drinks - but I'm not returning for the third-rate food.

Good Morning,

I'm reaching out to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant. I apologize that we didn't guide you to the right food option. I'm confident that we can find something on the menu that you'll enjoy. I hope you decide to give us a chance to earn your business. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we discuss how I can amend the situation.

Best,

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Date night went great up until kona grill.. $30 over cooked filet sat on the edge of the table for 10 min as a manager walked by it twice, sat a table away from the employee social dining table, and we received our first water refill 40 min into the meal... tisk tisk