“Food SO Average....”

Kona Grill - Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #483 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st Ave & Fillmore St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Food is very average at this restaurant. I have been twice and even though the menu and the food they're offering looks good, the final product just doesn't deliver. I don't know if it's the ingredients, or lack of know how on how to implement them, something is missing. Some of the dishes taste similar to something Friday's would offer. NOT KIDDING!

On a positive note, the staff is very nice and definitely wants to please. The decor is also interesting and is semi-trendy.

Will return if I'm starving.

Paul M, General Manager at Kona Grill - Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time out your busy day to offer us some valuable feedback. Comments like yours are what help us to improve as we move forward. I apologize that haven't found anything on the menu that really delivered for you. I would love to invite you back to the restaurant and earn you business. I'm confident that we can find a dish that you will enjoy. We have scratch kitchen and pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can amend for your past experience.

Regards,
Paul Myers
General Manger
Kona Grill Denver
720-974-1300

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Go elsewhere for food. Chose a chef's entree - a spicy tuna sashimi with cucumber salad. Well, the cucumber salad was about two bites and the six compact (meaning small) slices of spicy tuna was nothing to brag about. How can any restaurant serve such meager fare?

Well, my impression is this place is for the drinks - but I'm not returning for the third-rate food.

Good Morning,

I'm reaching out to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant. I apologize that we didn't guide you to the right food option. I'm confident that we can find something on the menu that you'll enjoy. I hope you decide to give us a chance to earn your business. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we discuss how I can amend the situation.

Best,
Paul Myers
General Manger
Kona Grill Denver
720-974-1300

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Date night went great up until kona grill.. $30 over cooked filet sat on the edge of the table for 10 min as a manager walked by it twice, sat a table away from the employee social dining table, and we received our first water refill 40 min into the meal... tisk tisk

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Was excited arriving at the Kona Grill for lunch with the family. We were greeted and taken to a booth table right away. Very nice waiter came immediately to provide menus and welcome us. Many great choices for lunch so easy decisions for the family. Once food ordered we waited 30 minutes and still no food. I got up to question the manager who said its coming soon as there was a problem in the kitchen. Finally after 45 minutes our lunch arrived. Of course disappointing for us and if we were in a hurry we would have walked out. Wish i could have given a more positive report. Food was average, but not worth recommendation to others. Our waiter was excellent and not a problem. This is my first negative report, am sorry.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Came across this restaurant while shopping at Cherry Creek mall. It was a refreshing surprise. Their menu is Asian fusion. I recommend the snowfish dish that comes with ratatouille and fried rice. Although there's a full bar, but it is also family friendly. The atmosphere is also perfect for sport lovers, considering they show various matches at the same time. Definitely will return.

1  Thank disalada